Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Logitech Webcam communicate STX

24 Jul 2009   #11

XP Pro & Vista Home Premium (x86); Windows Ultimate 7600 x64 Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JP83 View Post
do you have RC 7100? I don't know if it changes anything, but when windows tried to get them on windows update the install failed each single time
FYI. I could not get the Logitech drivers for my QuickCam Pro 9000 to work correctly until I upgraded from Windows 7 7100/7127 to 7232. I had similar results with the Realtek ALC888 drivers.

And believe me when I say I tried MANY different install methods with 7100/7127.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jul 2009   #12

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JP83 View Post
do you have RC 7100? I don't know if it changes anything, but when windows tried to get them on windows update the install failed each single time
Yes I do and its worked on every build of Windows 7 that Ive used the official drivers for this webcam are on Windows Update so what type of error are you getting when Windows attempts to install the driver software?

Steven
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2009   #13

Win7 - 64 Bit
 
 

I, too, am using a Logitech Webcam communicate STX. And I, too, can't get it to work in Win 7 (64-bit, build 7100). I've done all the updates I can and still no love. I've tried installing Logitech's drivers in WinXP and Vista modes and still nada. I have an older scanner that is facing extinction on Windows 7, too. Good thing I love WinXP - cuz it looks like I'm going back. So far, no compelling reason to "upgrade" to Windows 7. Too bad I'll be forced to someday.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Aug 2009   #14

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GregB View Post
I, too, am using a Logitech Webcam communicate STX. And I, too, can't get it to work in Win 7 (64-bit, build 7100). I've done all the updates I can and still no love. I've tried installing Logitech's drivers in WinXP and Vista modes and still nada. I have an older scanner that is facing extinction on Windows 7, too. Good thing I love WinXP - cuz it looks like I'm going back. So far, no compelling reason to "upgrade" to Windows 7. Too bad I'll be forced to someday.
Is this the driver update you installed via Windows Update?

Name:  STxDriver.JPG
Views: 586
Size:  43.0 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #15

Win7 - 64 Bit
 
 

dmex,

I have no idea where you got the screenshot. When I go to Windows Update, it tells me there are no updates for me - except language packs. The Device Stage shows a "Camera" with a red X on it. When I try to update the driver for it, I get "Sorry, there are no updates available... blah blah blah..." Am I missing something here? Is there somewhere else to look for compatible drivers? I'd love to use both my webcam and my scanner. BTW, the scanner worked in builds before 7100.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #16

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GregB View Post
dmex,

I have no idea where you got the screenshot. When I go to Windows Update, it tells me there are no updates for me - except language packs. The Device Stage shows a "Camera" with a red X on it. When I try to update the driver for it, I get "Sorry, there are no updates available... blah blah blah..." Am I missing something here? Is there somewhere else to look for compatible drivers? I'd love to use both my webcam and my scanner. BTW, the scanner worked in builds before 7100.

What Windows 7 build are you using? RTM 7600 comes out today

When you have installed the RTM, let me know if your able to install the STX update
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2009   #17

Win7 - 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
What Windows 7 build are you using? RTM 7600 comes out today

When you have installed the RTM, let me know if your able to install the STX update
Win 7 download page still downloads build 7100, which is what I am currently running. I've experienced some BSOD, too. That worries me some.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #18

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GregB View Post
Win 7 download page still downloads build 7100, which is what I am currently running. I've experienced some BSOD, too. That worries me some.
If you have the BSOD information it will help isolate the cause, you also cant download the RTM from Microsoft
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #19

Win7 - 64 Bit
 
 

dmex,

Laughs on me - I read your reply as "RC 7600 available..." - breezed right on over the "RTM" part. D'oh! As for the BSOD, they happened quickly and the computer restarted before I could investigate. I assumed at first it was due to an underpowered PSU, but after replacing the PSU, I still got BSOD. I haven't seen BSOD since Win98 days. I run WinXP SP3 32-bit on a SSD drive and a 5GB ramdisk - it's smoking fast and stable as hell. I'm running Windows 7 RC1 (build 7100) 64-bit on a HDD because running it on the SSD was unbelieveably slow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2010   #20

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

So the conclusion is that the drivers are installed through windows update but you can't install any fully working software ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Logitech Webcam communicate STX




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Logitech Webcam communicate STX
Thread Forum
Logitech WebCam Drivers Drivers
LOgitech webcam Music, Pictures & Video
Logitech 910 Webcam NEED HELP PLEASE Hardware & Devices
i have webcam for logitech but no drivers Drivers
Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 Music, Pictures & Video
Logitech ClickSmart 310 Webcam Drivers
Logitech webcam > immediate BSOD BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33