The reason the one from Asus failed is that it is for 32 bit only and you have 64 bit Windows, and you cannot install 32 bit drivers
(especially chipset drivers) on a 64 bit operating system.
As for the one from Nvidia failing, that one was hot or miss. There is one thing to try that may get it to install. Start with,
1. Open Windows Explorer and see if there is a Nvidia folder there; should be C:\Nvidia. If it is go to step 3, if not go to step 2 first.
2. If you don't have it or something similar download and install this, 7-Zip
, and use it to extract the downloaded Nvidia driver
3. In the Nvidia folder or the one you manually extracted from step 2 you should have the following showing,
4. Download this, nfsmb64.zip
and extract it. Inside are the two INF files needed that I added the device IDs from the Asus driver to, that should then allow it to install on yours.
5. In the extracted Nvidia folder open the SMBUS folder and replace the nfsmb64.inf with the one from above. Do the same in the SMU folder with smuc64.inf.
6. Now try installing it again.