Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Display driver

13 Sep 2011   #1
pedzisayi

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 
Display driver

I have 2 problems.

Toshiba laptop
Satellite L305-S5865
Model is PSLBOU-02S02D
OS is Windows 7 x32
Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2390@ 1.86GHz 1.87 GHz
Ram: 2.00 GB

Problem 1: October last year I change the OS from Vista to Win 7 and things were
okay. Lately I have been having these glitches where the screen goes blank and a pop up message appears "Windows display driver stopped working but has recovered". However, the message seem to suggest that Vista drivers are still in operation and I wonder if there is some incompatibility somewhere. How do I get this sorted?

Problem 2: CD-Rom drive. The meassage I am getting is Code 39 (windows cannot load the driver for this hardware). I have tried the Toshiba "fix it" method to no avail. Please help


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Sep 2011   #2
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pedzisayi View Post

Problem 1: October last year I change the OS from Vista to Win 7 and things were
okay. Lately I have been having these glitches where the screen goes blank and a pop up message appears "Windows display driver stopped working but has recovered". However, the message seem to suggest that Vista drivers are still in operation and I wonder if there is some incompatibility somewhere. How do I get this sorted?
If windows update was set to automatic, it may have downloaded a newer version that is not playing nice.

If not driver, check the temps for your video, as it may actually be overheating.

Lastly, it could simply be failing.


Quote:
Problem 2: CD-Rom drive. The meassage I am getting is Code 39 (windows cannot load the driver for this hardware). I have tried the Toshiba "fix it" method to no avail. Please help
Does the drive show up in BIOS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2011   #3
pedzisayi

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Its a Matshita DVD RAM UJ-850S ATA device. You may have to explain to me what you mean by "temps for video"



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pedzisayi View Post

Problem 1: October last year I change the OS from Vista to Win 7 and things were
okay. Lately I have been having these glitches where the screen goes blank and a pop up message appears "Windows display driver stopped working but has recovered". However, the message seem to suggest that Vista drivers are still in operation and I wonder if there is some incompatibility somewhere. How do I get this sorted?
If windows update was set to automatic, it may have downloaded a newer version that is not playing nice.

If not driver, check the temps for your video, as it may actually be overheating.

Lastly, it could simply be failing.


Quote:
Problem 2: CD-Rom drive. The meassage I am getting is Code 39 (windows cannot load the driver for this hardware). I have tried the Toshiba "fix it" method to no avail. Please help
Does the drive show up in BIOS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


Reply

 Display driver




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully...
Hey guys, recently my brother built a pc for me and everything is fine and running smooth but I keep getting this annoying error when I play like multiple clients of a game or just Call of Duty. http://i59.tinypic.com/2ajneie.png Like if I got 6-7 windowed clients of rose online and listen to...
Drivers
Display driver amd driver stopped responding...
Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Is the error I am getting. I get it when opening a new chrome browser and every few seconds while playing Diablo 3. I've tried updating DX drivers as was suggested by a different forums to no avail. I just completed...
Graphic Cards
Display driver
when i tried windows 8 on my laptop for the display driver it had wddm driver and areo themes worked but on windows there is wddm driver that will work on it can i used the windows 8 dirver in windows 7 and if so where can get it from
Graphic Cards
Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver for Windows XP Stop
I am not sure if this is where it belongs, or if it is a Graphics Card issue. I have an Acer Aspire 7741z-4433 with an Intel(R) Pentium(R) p6200 (2.13 GHz, 3MB 1.3 cache). This only happens to me while I am playing The Sims 3. I have the game set on the lowest quality settings, even though my...
Drivers
Display driver
I get this message when I'm photoshopping: http://iforce.co.nz/i/hfsxdsqf.png Only happens when I'm using photoshop, never happens when playing games or any other graphic demanding tasks. I've tried several older versions of my display driver yet it still happens, and more often. I have a...
Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App