Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: How Do I Find My SATA Drivers?

18 Sep 2011   #1

Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit
 
 
How Do I Find My SATA Drivers?

I want to dual boot Win XP and and Win 7 and I need my SATA drivers. I've been searching the internet and the ASUS website but I can't find the SATA drivers.

I have an ASUS G73JH. I can't find my MoBo model. I used everest but it says unknown motherboard. My hard drive is a Seagate Momentus St9500420as.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

They wholly depend on your chipset, which is not usually listed for laptops, the truth is XP isnt sold with new machines so they dont even bother making the drivers for it.

your best bet is trying THIS and hoping windows can pick out a compatible one...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2011   #3
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

galoisring, welcome to the Seven Forums.

I assume you're looking for XP drivers. If that is the case you're likely not going to find any unless Intel (or whichever chipset is in it) put XP drivers out for it. It the chipset manufacturer didn't make a XP driver then Asus can't offer one for download.

As for info on that particular model laptop, how about a 500+ page thread dedicated to it,

Official Asus G73JH Owners Lounge

Bound to find out just about anything you need to know about it there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Sep 2011   #4

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by galoisring View Post
I want to dual boot Win XP and and Win 7 and I need my SATA drivers. I've been searching the internet and the ASUS website but I can't find the SATA drivers.

I have an ASUS G73JH. I can't find my MoBo model. I used everest but it says unknown motherboard. My hard drive is a Seagate Momentus St9500420as.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to SevenForums,

Use SIW mentioned in the following write-up to find hardware info on your system.

Also of course, fill out your system specs in the manner described in the write-up.
Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (3rd item in the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec
(left-hand column)

To gather info, use SIW or Speccy or System Info

Add the word laptop or desktop or netbook to the
“system manufacturer” block, for example,
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the “Other Info” block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on the SAVE CHANGES button.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2011   #5

Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sub Styler View Post
They wholly depend on your chipset, which is not usually listed for laptops, the truth is XP isnt sold with new machines so they dont even bother making the drivers for it.

your best bet is trying THIS and hoping windows can pick out a compatible one...
Thanks for finding this for me.

It looked promising, unfortunately it's not compatible with WinXP Professional 64bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2011   #6

Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
galoisring, welcome to the Seven Forums.

I assume you're looking for XP drivers. If that is the case you're likely not going to find any unless Intel (or whichever chipset is in it) put XP drivers out for it. It the chipset manufacturer didn't make a XP driver then Asus can't offer one for download.

As for info on that particular model laptop, how about a 500+ page thread dedicated to it,

Official Asus G73JH Owners Lounge

Bound to find out just about anything you need to know about it there.
Thanks, I've started perusing the thread, looking for any XP info.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

It should be compatible with XP 64bit if you are indeed using and intel storage controller. See the link to notes on the download page, for 64bit you must use the 64bit Intel Matrix Storage Manager.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2011   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

First check for all the Win XP drivers for your hardware on the manufacturer's web site.
If your Win XP CD, does not support your Sata Controller, you will need to load drivers to uses at F6.
Load Sata Controller drivers with a floppy disk is the best way.
SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot
OR
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD

Your Intel Sata Controller.
You can download your F6 Sata Controller drivers from here:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...onal*&lang=eng
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2011   #9

multiple operating systems xp pro 32bit win7 64 bit pro and ultimate
 
 

hello galoisring. welcome to the forum.

i was searching on the internet for a user for window xp old drivers all chipsets and found this site.

www.x64bitdownload.com/downloads/t-64-bit-windows-xp.

see if that is any help to you.

quester12
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How Do I Find My SATA Drivers?





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33