OK. Let's try someting else.
- uninstall all drivers and software for your printer
- disconnect printer USB cable from computer
- download latest Vista x64 drivers and software for your printer here
- right click the downloaded file
- choose "Properties" from context menu
- choose "Compatibility"
- choose "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
- choose "Windows Vista", click OK
- start installing by double clicking the downloaded file
- ONLY CONNECT USB CABLE WHEN PROMPTED! Be sure printer is on when you connect the cable
- follow all the instructions on your screen
Try this, tell us what happens.
Good luck, Kari