Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Radeon HD 4350 not reconized by Windows

30 Oct 2011   #11

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RetroGamer View Post
however the drivers don't appear to work with the card even though they are supposedly installed and therefore I don't get the direct3d or opengl support the card has to offer.
How did you come to that conclusion?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Nov 2011   #12

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Radeon HD 4350 not reconized by Windows-devicemanagerscreen.png

Here's the screenshot of device manager as it appears when I open it. Notice the error in the system category, which has the error message that there are not enough free resources, but even disabling almost everything I can does not free it up. Also notice that the display adapter category is missing. I don't know if this means anything either, but today I noticed that during POST with the 4350, there's only 2944MB of RAM rather then the 3072MB I get when POSTing with the x300. The resource error is gon e and the display adapter category is present with the x300 card.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RetroGamer View Post
however the drivers don't appear to work with the card even though they are supposedly installed and therefore I don't get the direct3d or opengl support the card has to offer.
How did you come to that conclusion?
I try to run programs that use direct3d and opengl and they won't run stating that the video card drivers need to be updated to support opengl/direct3d. My friend used this card for opengl/direct3d programs, so I know it should work with them. However every time I try to install the ATI drivers, they say that they "installed successfully". I know this card definitely works as I've tried it in other computers.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by p5bdkw View Post
Use the stand-alone AMD driver. Use 7-zip, extract the AMD driver package to a folder on your desktop.
Go to the device manager and select Update Driver Software, and select Browse for driver software on your computer
and point to the folder you created on your desktop.
Tried that, didn't work.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2011   #13

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 / WinXP Pro x86 on (2)
 
 

Suggestion: take a system image so you can restore what you have right now.

Then format the C-partition and install a "retail" Windows 7, not using a restore of the Sony-provided recovery disks but a true "retail" Windows 7 that will look at your hardware.

Now see if the HD4350 card is correctly recognized and supported by the "retail" Catalyst drivers from ATI.

Whatever the results, you can always restore your system image to get back to just where you are right now, so it seems you have a no-risk experiment here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Nov 2011   #14

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Have you tried re-installing the chipset drivers?
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...amily&lang=eng
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2011   #15

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Suggestion: take a system image so you can restore what you have right now.

Then format the C-partition and install a "retail" Windows 7, not using a restore of the Sony-provided recovery disks but a true "retail" Windows 7 that will look at your hardware.

Now see if the HD4350 card is correctly recognized and supported by the "retail" Catalyst drivers from ATI.

Whatever the results, you can always restore your system image to get back to just where you are right now, so it seems you have a no-risk experiment here.
The Windows XP home on it now is retail, and the Windows 7 Home Premium I have used before on this machine is also retail. (And I don't use Windows 7 on this system anymore because it wastes 1.5GB of RAM doing nothing, so it really slows down the performance) This system originally came with MCE 2005, and I am not using that, so it should have no effect on it as it is a retail version of XP home (SP3) currently installed.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by p5bdkw View Post
Have you tried re-installing the chipset drivers?
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...amily&lang=eng
Yeah I've tried that, at first (Before making this thread) I thought it was because I didn't install the chipset drivers, but even after installing them, although it solved other hardware issues, it did not solve for the 4350.

I may install Windows 7 on another HDD just to see if it can handle the card any better then XP, as the last time I had Windows 7 on this system was sometime last year, long before I got the 4350.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2011   #16

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 / WinXP Pro x86 on (2)
 
 

Just in passing... I believe the Sony Vaio VGC-RA820G is a machine that's about 7 years old (at least there are CNET reviews going back that far). It was manufactured and sold long before Windows 7 existed.

As with much "legacy" hardware and older computers, it (or its BIOS) may or may not be usable with Windows 7, or may not perform all that well with Windows 7 even if you can find drivers for all of its parts, or just may cause you problems with Windows 7. This isn't uncommon.

May run fantastic with WinXP, but not so much (if at all) with Windows 7. This could simply be strong reason to remain with WinXP, if you want to remain with that hardware. But there are many good things to say about Windows 7 when used on newer machines with more recent hardware.

Just sayin'...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2011   #17

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Guys please be aware this is an XP machine, NOT a Windows 7 machine!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
And is this an XP machine? Yes or no???
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RetroGamer View Post
It's currently running Windows XP Home SP3 (Not the XP MCE 2005 that originally came with the PC)
@ RetroGamer....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RetroGamer View Post
The Windows XP home on it now is retail, and the Windows 7 Home Premium I have used before on this machine is also retail. (And I don't use Windows 7 on this system anymore because it wastes 1.5GB of RAM doing nothing, so it really slows down the performance) This system originally came with MCE 2005, and I am not using that, so it should have no effect on it as it is a retail version of XP home (SP3) currently installed.
Honestly you need to do some research on Windows 7 and memory usage as Windows 7 DOES NOT waste memory the way you think. I would highly suggest you read this article to get a better understanding of Window 7 memory usage - Windows 7 memory usage: What's the best way to measure? | ZDNet

Whether you use 7 or not is up to you, but to not use it because of a misinformation is a bad way to go.

As far as the yellow exclaimation mark you see, it says there's a driver missing or corrupt and needs to be installed/reinstalled.

This has nothing to do with DirectX. However depending on the driver missing (video/sound) it could affect Direct X. Anyway that yellow mark seems to indicate a chipset driver for your motherboard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2011   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote:
As far as the yellow exclaimation mark you see, it says there's a driver missing or corrupt and needs to be installed/reinstalled.

This has nothing to do with DirectX. However depending on the driver missing (video/sound) it could affect Direct X. Anyway that yellow mark seems to indicate a chipset driver for your motherboard.
I know it doesn't directly deal with directx and yes, the missing driver does affect the DirectX but since I can't install a new driver, I don't get the DirectX support I need when running programs. The exclamation point according to the information on the device window, is due to the system resources being taken up by other devices. I am almost completely confused when it comes to this dilemma, but I think the system resources, if the error message is true, are the real problem. Perhaps my system simply doesn't have enough resources to run it.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Just in passing... I believe the Sony Vaio VGC-RA820G is a machine that's about 7 years old (at least there are CNET reviews going back that far). It was manufactured and sold long before Windows 7 existed.

As with much "legacy" hardware and older computers, it (or its BIOS) may or may not be usable with Windows 7, or may not perform all that well with Windows 7 even if you can find drivers for all of its parts, or just may cause you problems with Windows 7. This isn't uncommon.

May run fantastic with WinXP, but not so much (if at all) with Windows 7. This could simply be strong reason to remain with WinXP, if you want to remain with that hardware. But there are many good things to say about Windows 7 when used on newer machines with more recent hardware.

Just sayin'...
Yes, the machine is about 7 years old, and perhaps that is just it. Going along with the resource error, perhaps the machine is just to old to have the resources needed to use the card, and it would make sense as the other two systems it was used in (My newer system and my friends) are both newer then this system. As for Windows 7, I can run it just fine on this machine and with the x300 card even get areo support, so it certainly isn't too old for that. It's a great computer for the money (Which was $2500) as it still is as powerful as a mediocre box today. I think I've certainly got my money's worth out of it, and maybe it has simply reached it's end for upgrades.

Unless someone has a better cause, I shall assume that this computer is too old to have the resources needed to run the 4350 and I'll just have to stick with the x300. Thank you to everyone who posted in this thread for all your help. Rep+

EDIT: I feel really stupid right now, but I just updated my x300 drivers and found that with the new drivers, it supports every game and program I have on this computer on good settings, which is good enough for me as it'll alow me to run all the games me and my friends play on LAN. Could have used this x300 all along if I knew of the new drivers...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2011   #19

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Whether you use 7 or not is up to you, but to not use it because of a misinformation is a bad way to go.
Very well said.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2011   #20

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 / WinXP Pro x86 on (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RetroGamer View Post
EDIT: I feel really stupid right now, but I just updated my x300 drivers and found that with the new drivers, it supports every game and program I have on this computer on good settings, which is good enough for me as it'll alow me to run all the games me and my friends play on LAN. Could have used this x300 all along if I knew of the new drivers...
Wait... what?

Where did you get "updated drivers for the x300"? From the Sony site, specifically some packaged/numbered download file to update the drivers for the "video" of this box?

Or just standard Catalyst drivers from the ATI site that were named when you searched for x300 latest drivers?

What is the version and date of these "updated drivers"? What had you previously been using, if you remember?

And why hadn't you done either of these previously? You didn't think the x300 was capable enough for use in gaming?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Radeon HD 4350 not reconized by Windows




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Radeon HD 4350 not reconized by Windows
Thread Forum
Solved Radeon HD 4350 problems - DWM fails Graphic Cards
ati radeon 4350 (512) not enough memory?! Graphic Cards
best way to get best out of my ATI Radeon 4350 HD? Graphic Cards
ATI radeon 4350 help? Graphic Cards
ATI Radeon 4350 HD 512MB PCIe WEI ?? Graphic Cards
ATI Radeon HD 4350 Graphic Cards
Is Radeon 4350 good? Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33