Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Network Driver Problem


05 Aug 2009   #1

Windows 7 x86 Buold 7600
 
 
Network Driver Problem

So i installed Windows 7 RTM 7600 x86, and when i installed Windows the network was already working without having to install any drivers.

The problem is that some websites hang and dont load, and when i switch on the computer the network icon on the taskbar says no internet access until i open internet explorer. i even tried the websites in Firefox same issue, they hang.

It doesn't happen all the time and it isn't just 3 or 4 websites, it can be many websites.

So i went to the drivers page on Dell website and download the network driver for my PC (Dell website says its Intel 825xx 10/100 Platform LAN Connect Device)

so i try to install it and it says "cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) PRO adaptors are present in this computer"

this didn't happen in Windows Vista or Windows 7, and i tried downloading the latest version from Intel site (i think) and the same error happened.

Whats wrong?

Is that that the drivers are bad or wrong, or is there another problem why the websites hang because they dont hang on my brothers XP machine and he's on a wireless connection, my connection is wired.

This is a print screen of the network connection properties, which says that is my adaptor.




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Aug 2009   #2

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
when i switch on the computer the network icon on the taskbar says no internet access until i open internet explorer.
Afgzee; how does your computer connect to the Internet? DSL or Cable Modem? Do you use a router in between the computer and the Internet modem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #3

Windows 7 x86 Buold 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iseeuu View Post
Afgzee; how does your computer connect to the Internet? DSL or Cable Modem? Do you use a router in between the computer and the Internet modem?
cable modem, wired connection, and i also have a router. But this was never a problem in Vista or XP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Aug 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
cable modem, wired connection, and i also have a router. But this was never a problem in Vista or XP.
AF

Dont think its a networking thing Im thinking more abt a browser. Have you tried a different browser to narrow down the possibilities?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #5

Windows 7 x86 Buold 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
AF

Dont think its a networking thing Im thinking more abt a browser. Have you tried a different browser to narrow down the possibilities?

Ken
These websites hang in both Firefox 3 and Internet Explorer 8.

Its really annoying because no websites ever hanged in Windows Vista, or Windows XP and i don't want to have to go back to one of those OS.

Plus i don't know why it says No Internet Access until i open the web browser.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #6

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
when i switch on the computer the network icon on the taskbar says no internet access until i open internet explorer.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
cable modem, wired connection, and i also have a router. But this was never a problem in Vista or XP.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
AF

Dont think its a networking thing Im thinking more abt a browser. Have you tried a different browser to narrow down the possibilities?

Ken
Ken; You may be right. What struck me was when the computer is turned on, it has to request and receive, from the router, a network identification address before it can access the Internet. This is sometimes not instantaneous and may indicate an issue with the router and DHCP. That could also explain the other symptoms?

Robert

PS Ken; Your avatar looks like a cat - tastrophe!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #7

Windows 7 x86 Buold 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iseeuu View Post
Ken; You may be right. What struck me was when the computer is turned on, it has to request and receive, from the router, a network identification address before it can access the Internet. This is sometimes not instantaneous and may indicate an issue with the router and DHCP. That could also explain the other symptoms?

Robert

PS Ken; Your avatar looks like a cat - tastrophe!!
What is DHCP? and is there anything i could do? i tried updating firmware for my router and it is the latest version?

what are my options to try and fix this?

btw thanks very much for your help everyone, appreciate this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
What is DHCP? and is there anything i could do? i tried updating firmware for my router and it is the latest version?

what are my options to try and fix this?

btw thanks very much for your help everyone, appreciate this
afgzee

What router? also have you turned off IP-6 support in network and sharing?

If you need help with the ip-6 just ask

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #9

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
What is DHCP? and is there anything i could do? i tried updating firmware for my router and it is the latest version?

what are my options to try and fix this?

btw thanks very much for your help everyone, appreciate this
Can you tell me the name brand and model of the router?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2009   #10

Windows 7 x86 Buold 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
afgzee

What router? also have you turned off IP-6 support in network and sharing?

If you need help with the ip-6 just ask

Ken
I don't know what ip-6 is so im not sure if its on or off, or if i turned it off by mistake

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iseeuu View Post
Can you tell me the name brand and model of the router?
Netgear WGR614 v7

Print screen showing no network access, soon as Firefox or IE is clicked straight away it works.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Network Driver Problem




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33