Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Screen blinks while in grey and white combination backgrounds

09 Dec 2011   #11
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senjougahara View Post
Here, the GPU is clean, checked myself and I blew it so it's clean ,
I assume that you also blew out the slots that the GPU is seated in on the motherboard? Just checking. I know dust artifacts on the connectors between the GPU and motherboard can also cause the issue you describe.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Dec 2011   #12
senjougahara

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
What happens if you run at a lower resolution? I seem to remember having similar issues a long time ago on an old GPU card, and I think I solved the problem by changing my resolution or monitor frequency. I cannot recall which fixed it at this time as it was probably five years ago when it happened.
In lower resolutions it does not happen, If I zoom in or out in that page it does not happen either.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senjougahara View Post
Here, the GPU is clean, checked myself and I blew it so it's clean ,
I assume that you also blew out the slots that the GPU is seated in on the motherboard? Just checking. I know dust artifacts on the connectors between the GPU and motherboard can also cause the issue you describe.
Yep it's all clean, but that's strange since I can play Call of Duty and other games that require a 'good' PC and I never had artifacts
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2011   #13
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senjougahara View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
What happens if you run at a lower resolution? I seem to remember having similar issues a long time ago on an old GPU card, and I think I solved the problem by changing my resolution or monitor frequency. I cannot recall which fixed it at this time as it was probably five years ago when it happened.
In lower resolutions it does not happen, If I zoom in or out in that page it does not happen either.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senjougahara View Post
Here, the GPU is clean, checked myself and I blew it so it's clean ,
I assume that you also blew out the slots that the GPU is seated in on the motherboard? Just checking. I know dust artifacts on the connectors between the GPU and motherboard can also cause the issue you describe.
Yep it's all clean, but that's strange since I can play Call of Duty and other games that require a 'good' PC and I never had artifacts
Have you tried resetting your monitor or changing monitor settings? You said you could not test it on other monitors, but you could try changing the settings of the monitor you have and see if it helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Dec 2011   #14
senjougahara

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senjougahara View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
What happens if you run at a lower resolution? I seem to remember having similar issues a long time ago on an old GPU card, and I think I solved the problem by changing my resolution or monitor frequency. I cannot recall which fixed it at this time as it was probably five years ago when it happened.
In lower resolutions it does not happen, If I zoom in or out in that page it does not happen either.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post

I assume that you also blew out the slots that the GPU is seated in on the motherboard? Just checking. I know dust artifacts on the connectors between the GPU and motherboard can also cause the issue you describe.
Yep it's all clean, but that's strange since I can play Call of Duty and other games that require a 'good' PC and I never had artifacts
Have you tried resetting your monitor or changing monitor settings? You said you could not test it on other monitors, but you could try changing the settings of the monitor you have and see if it helps.
I've tried but when I hit reset and there 'Yes' and 'No' I pressed Yes of course xD and then the screen becomes a bit blurry but the lines appear too I've also tried the 'auto adjustment' setting but the lines keep appearing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2011   #15
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senjougahara View Post

I've tried but when I hit reset and there 'Yes' and 'No' I pressed Yes of course xD and then the screen becomes a bit blurry but the lines appear too I've also tried the 'auto adjustment' setting but the lines keep appearing
Based on everything you have done, I am thinking it is a problem with the line from the graphics card to your monitor. I reach this conclusion due to a few things:
1. Changing the resolution fixes it on the monitor, as does zooming in or out
2. Changing monitor settings has no affect
3. When you did a screen shot, the problem did not show up

3. especially leads me to believe that there is nothing wrong with the graphics card or what it is outputting as it would output the same problem to an image. It would appear that either your monitor does not support the image the graphics card is sending, or the link between the monitor and graphics card is bad; you may have a bad connector.

Try GENTLY playing with the connector and seeing if it makes a difference on the screen. Also, make sure all components are securely plugged in, including the monitor connection to the graphics card (check this while the computer is off and unplugged from the surge protector/outlet).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #16
senjougahara

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senjougahara View Post

I've tried but when I hit reset and there 'Yes' and 'No' I pressed Yes of course xD and then the screen becomes a bit blurry but the lines appear too I've also tried the 'auto adjustment' setting but the lines keep appearing
Based on everything you have done, I am thinking it is a problem with the line from the graphics card to your monitor. I reach this conclusion due to a few things:
1. Changing the resolution fixes it on the monitor, as does zooming in or out
2. Changing monitor settings has no affect
3. When you did a screen shot, the problem did not show up

3. especially leads me to believe that there is nothing wrong with the graphics card or what it is outputting as it would output the same problem to an image. It would appear that either your monitor does not support the image the graphics card is sending, or the link between the monitor and graphics card is bad; you may have a bad connector.

Try GENTLY playing with the connector and seeing if it makes a difference on the screen. Also, make sure all components are securely plugged in, including the monitor connection to the graphics card (check this while the computer is off and unplugged from the surge protector/outlet).

Hello! What does playing with the connector mean? If by that you mean checking it is properly plugged in then I've tried (I'm sorry I don't know much about PCs I'd be thankful If you could explain me what that means) , When I take a screenshot the lines DO appear (in my PC).


Thanks a lot for all you help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #17
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senjougahara View Post

Hello! What does playing with the connector mean? If by that you mean checking it is properly plugged in then I've tried (I'm sorry I don't know much about PCs I'd be thankful If you could explain me what that means) , When I take a screenshot the lines DO appear (in my PC).

Thanks a lot for all you help!
I mean move the actual connecting wire around to different positions and see if it makes a difference. It sounds like your monitor does not support the graphics being sent to it, though. The lines show up in the picture when viewed on your monitor, but they do not show up in the picture when it is posted on the forum. Have you tried changing the frequency from 60Hz to 59Hz or vice versa?

To change frequency:
1. Right click on the desktop
2. Click Screen resolution
3. Click Advanced Settings
4. Click List All Modes
5. Scroll up or down just a little bit; there should be a resolution setting for the same resolution you are using with a frequency of 59 Hertz and with one of 60 Hertz.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #18
senjougahara

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Okay I've tried the connecting wire thingy but It did not work ; I've tried changing the frequency as default it was on 1680 by 1050, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz so I changed it to 1680 by 1050, High Color (16 bit), 60 Hertz
and the lines still appeared so I set it to 1680 by 1050, 256 Colors, 60 Hertz and then the lines did not appear at all, but my computer look horrible xD; So I set it back to the default one (1680 by 1050, True Color (32 bit)) There was no 59 Hertz frequency
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #19
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Have you tried installing Catalyst Control Center and changing settings in the Catalyst Control Center environment? Maybe just slightly changing hue/saturation/etc. will help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2011   #20
senjougahara

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I've tried slightly changing Hue and saturation, brightness and contrast and it did not work but when I go to 'Image Adjustments (VGA Display)' and check the Composite Sync setting it doesn't seem to happen but it says Composite Sync is only if your using an older composite displays
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Screen blinks while in grey and white combination backgrounds




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How do you Get rid of White/Black Backgrounds of Images?
How do you get rid of Black/White(Any color really) backgrounds that have something in the middle of them like making the backgrounds transparent, I've seen an option in Microsoft Paint thats called "Transparent Selection" Are their guides on how to use this? Or maybe another program that is newly...
Themes and Styles
Grey screen
My sony Vaio Z running windows 7 x 64 has suddenly gone to a screen with a shade of grey on all programmes, with less brilliance but a super luminescent cursor arrow or hand. Any comments for a cure, to get back to normal?? Thanks in advance
General Discussion
Black or grey&white lines crash
I hope you can help me solve this problem: About a month ago I've upgraded my rig, and since then I'm encountering black or grey and white screeb crash when I'm watching videos on youtube or embedded youtube videos (something like this or this ). But I can play DX9 or DX10 games like Half Life 2,...
BSOD Help and Support
Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT screen blinks/flickers
Hi I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Professional 32-bit on my Acer Aspire 5920G. Before I've installed my Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT drivers everything was just fine. This blinking sometimes happens in period of few seconds, sometimes it can pass a couple of minutes and I think that...
Graphic Cards
my screen blinks
Hello I have a troublesome problem with my screen, it blinks every 2 seg and shows as a few strange lines whit colors. The computer is a notebook acer aspire 5920g, 3GB of ram, 1 GB intel I disturb memory, intel core 2 duo processor t8300 (2,4 GHz, 800 MHz fsb, 3 MB l2 cache) and my graphical card...
Graphic Cards
Menus have turned Grey - but used to be white
Various menu's in my Windows 7 Home Premium install have turned an ugly grey colour, such as the right click menu, and in particular, the print menu - whereas they used to be white - any idea on how to change them back? (not system restore) Many thanks Screens: ...
Themes and Styles


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App