You said the problem does not occur when the driver
is uninstalled. Have you tried doing a full uninstall using Driver Sweeper and then re-installing with the latest driver? To uninstall with Driver Sweeper:
1. Download and install Driver Sweeper
2. Go into device manager
- a. Click Start Menu
b. Click Control Panel
c. Click Hardware and Sound
d. Click Device Manager
3. Expand (click the +) Display adapters
4. Right click your graphics/display card
5. Click Uninstall
6. Put a tick in Delete the driver software for this device
7. Click OK
8. Restart your computer
9. Start in Safe Mode
10. Start Driver Sweeper
11. Put a tick in AMD - Display
12. Run Analyze
13. Run Clean for all drivers
14. Restart your computer
15. Install the latest display drivers.
Let me know if you have already done the above steps.
If you have not done them already, let me know if these steps fix your problem. I'm guessing when you uninstalled before, some of the driver software was not fully uninstalled, hence why re-installing the driver software did not fix the problem.
Edit: if the above does not work, try uninstalling all AMD components through control panel add/remove programs (AMD install Manager, AMD Catalyst Control Center, AMD Drivers, etc.). Then re-install those components.