Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Radeon 9600 driver on windows 7 can't work


19 Feb 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 
Radeon 9600 driver on windows 7 can't work

Hello.

I've just installed windows 7 ultimate.I tried to install driver for ATI Radeon 9600 graphic card , but i can't find.I tried to download from official ati page , driver for vista , windows 7 but cannot work.

How can i install driver ?

Help , please.

Thanks and sorry for bad english.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Feb 2012   #2

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi themaker,Welcome to the forums down load and install the vista driver your card has now become "legacy"
this is taken from the AMD website

Note: AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. Please be aware that none of the new Windows 7 graphics driver (WDDM 1.1) features are supported (as the Windows Vista level graphics driver is limited to WDDM 1.0 level support). Using the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista driver under Windows 7 is not officially supported by AMD, and as such AMD will not provide any form of customer support for users running in this configuration
Any customers using a combination of a ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series, or ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series product with any of the legacy products listed above in a single PC system must use the ATI Catalyst 9.3 or earlier driver. All future ATI Catalyst™ releases made available past the ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products.
AMD may periodically provide Windows XP and Windows Vista driver updates (for the products listed above) for critical fixes only. No new features will be provided in future driver updates. The Linux ATI Catalyst™ driver will only be supported in Linux distributions prior to February 2009 for the legacy products listed above

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...3&lang=English Sorry I forgot the driver link Do not download the full suite just download the WDM package
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi themaker,Welcome to the forums down load and install the vista driver your card has now become "legacy"
this is taken from the AMD website

Note: AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. Please be aware that none of the new Windows 7 graphics driver (WDDM 1.1) features are supported (as the Windows Vista level graphics driver is limited to WDDM 1.0 level support). Using the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista driver under Windows 7 is not officially supported by AMD, and as such AMD will not provide any form of customer support for users running in this configuration
Any customers using a combination of a ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series, or ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series product with any of the legacy products listed above in a single PC system must use the ATI Catalyst 9.3 or earlier driver. All future ATI Catalyst™ releases made available past the ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products.
AMD may periodically provide Windows XP and Windows Vista driver updates (for the products listed above) for critical fixes only. No new features will be provided in future driver updates. The Linux ATI Catalyst™ driver will only be supported in Linux distributions prior to February 2009 for the legacy products listed above

ATI Catalyst Sorry I forgot the driver link Do not download the full suite just download the WDM package
Thank you thank you thank you

Are you sure this will work ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Feb 2012   #4

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi themaker, hopefully yes ,Almost all vista drivers will work in Windows 7 especially when a product becomes "legacy" (which means the manufacturer will not release new drivers) If you do encounter any problems ,just hang around awhile and our resident graphic guru will find and reply to this post
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2012   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi themaker, hopefully yes ,Almost all vista drivers will work in Windows 7 especially when a product becomes "legacy" (which means the manufacturer will not release new drivers) If you do encounter any problems ,just hang around awhile and our resident graphic guru will find and reply to this post
I've installed vista driver , but nothing changed , is there any more steps to install driver ?

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2012   #6

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by themaker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi themaker, hopefully yes ,Almost all vista drivers will work in Windows 7 especially when a product becomes "legacy" (which means the manufacturer will not release new drivers) If you do encounter any problems ,just hang around awhile and our resident graphic guru will find and reply to this post
I've installed vista driver , but nothing changed , is there any more steps to install driver ?

Thanks
Hi themaker ,have you installed the driver in compat mode? Compatibility Mode When you say nothing has changed ,what do you mean? are you getting any image ? in device manager what does it say under display adaptors is your graphic card recognised ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2012   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by themaker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi themaker, hopefully yes ,Almost all vista drivers will work in Windows 7 especially when a product becomes "legacy" (which means the manufacturer will not release new drivers) If you do encounter any problems ,just hang around awhile and our resident graphic guru will find and reply to this post
I've installed vista driver , but nothing changed , is there any more steps to install driver ?

Thanks
Hi themaker ,have you installed the driver in compat mode? Compatibility Mode When you say nothing has changed ,what do you mean? are you getting any image ? in device manager what does it say under display adaptors is your graphic card recognised ?
This is what i get
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2012   #8

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

OK themaker ,Right click on ati radeon etc in device manager and select "update driver" and select browse my computer and point towards where you downloaded and extracted the driver file too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2012   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
OK themaker ,Right click on ati radeon etc in device manager and select "update driver" and select browse my computer and point towards where you downloaded and extracted the driver file too

Thanks for your answers and sorry for bothering you , but is that somewhere here , i extracted that to here

My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2012   #10

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by themaker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
OK themaker ,Right click on ati radeon etc in device manager and select "update driver" and select browse my computer and point towards where you downloaded and extracted the driver file too

Thanks for your answers and sorry for bothering you , but is that somewhere here , i extracted that to here

Yes that will do, first try pointing to the whole folder, if that fails point to the "10-02 legacy "etc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Radeon 9600 driver on windows 7 can't work




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Radeon 9600 driver on windows 7 can't work
Thread Forum
Problem ATI Radeon 9600 series :S Graphic Cards
ATI Radeon 9600/9700 Graphic Cards
ati mobility radeon 9600 driver on windows 7 Drivers
PCI Video Card to work along side ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Graphic Cards
Radeon 9600 TV-OUT problem in Windows 7 Graphic Cards
Ati Radeon 9600 code 43 Graphic Cards
Radeon Mobility 9600 (MV 350) driver, how to install? Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33