Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can Virtual XP be installed on Windows 7, 64 bit, HOME PREMIUM?

02 Mar 2012   #1
ms8miranda

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
Can Virtual XP be installed on Windows 7, 64 bit, HOME PREMIUM?

If I'm reading the tutoral correctly, I can't install Virtual XP on Home Premium, is that right?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Mar 2012   #2
GianniDPC

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ms8miranda View Post
If I'm reading the tutoral correctly, I can't install Virtual XP on Home Premium, is that right?
Yes, Lol XP Mode on Windows 7 Home Premium - YouTube

But you will need to activate it (Activation crack link in discription on video is broken) well that's good because I may not link to crack files (You will need to use a key for XP or search a ***** yourself)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2012   #3
carwiz

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

You can install Windows Virtual PC but the free XP mode won't install on an OS less than Pro. You would have to provide a valid XP OS yourself.

Windows Virtual PC: Requirements
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Mar 2012   #4
ms8miranda

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

It looks complicated and I'm having a hard time following him.

On that 'you tube' page, I found a couple 'you tubes' on how to download ULTIMATE free. It sounds like that would be easier....install ULTIMATE, then download Vitual XP though ULTIMATE. Has anyone ever installed this free ULTIMATE before?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GianniDPC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ms8miranda View Post
If I'm reading the tutoral correctly, I can't install Virtual XP on Home Premium, is that right?
Yes, Lol XP Mode on Windows 7 Home Premium - YouTube

But you will need to activate it (Activation crack link in discription on video is broken) well that's good because I may not link to crack files (You will need to use a key for XP or search a ***** yourself)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2012   #5
GianniDPC

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ms8miranda View Post
It looks complicated and I'm having a hard time following him.

On that 'you tube' page, I found a couple 'you tubes' on how to download ULTIMATE free. It sounds like that would be easier....install ULTIMATE, then download Vitual XP though ULTIMATE. Has anyone ever installed this free ULTIMATE before?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GianniDPC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ms8miranda View Post
If I'm reading the tutoral correctly, I can't install Virtual XP on Home Premium, is that right?
Yes, Lol XP Mode on Windows 7 Home Premium - YouTube

But you will need to activate it (Activation crack link in discription on video is broken) well that's good because I may not link to crack files (You will need to use a key for XP or search a ***** yourself)
Linking to illegal links isn't allowed and if I was you I would keep Windows 7 Home Premium (I think that one you have now is genuine so...) just follow that youtube video I gave you (all steps and insert a product key yourself or search a *** )
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can Virtual XP be installed on Windows 7, 64 bit, HOME PREMIUM?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Virtual PC, can i install programs? Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Hi All I am in the process of rebuliding my windows 7 home premium pc, i have decided to install virtual machine and then was hoping to install my copy of windows 7 onto it, but im confused as to if i can then install programs that ive downloaded of the internet onto it? obviously i...
Virtualization
just installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my HP mini 110
just installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my HP mini 110 and i have office and everything on it it came with starter im just wondering what can i do to get the most out of my netbook its been upgraded to 2 Gb of ram i plan to use it for school so my question i guess is how can i increase the...
Software
Re-Installed windows 7 home premium, now RECOVERY(C:) drive is full.
Hi! my laptop recently erased all of its windows 7 files, I took it too geeksquad and they explained to me that I needed to get the operating system disk and I could install it and everything would be okay. I installed everything properly I thought, but when i tried to install all of my updates...
Drivers
How to Install Virtual PC on Windows Premium 64 bit home edition
Hey All, I am taking an online class and my professor is requesting that I install Virtaul PC on my machine. However, I've been having some difficulty in finding a for sure way to install it. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Can anyone help me on this issue. Thank you in advance.
Virtualization
Virtual PC on Home Premium
Hi, Right now on my Mom's computer, we are running Windows Vista x64. To use some of our older applications I have Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 with Windows XP. I recently received our upgrade copy of Windows 7 Home Premium in the mail. If I upgrade to Windows 7, I wont be able to install...
Virtualization
Windows 7 Home Premium with Windows Virtual PC & Win
I'm currently running Vista Premium and just per-ordered Windows 7 Premium. I notice that Microsoft only offers the XP Mode in their professional, Ultimate and Enterprise versions. Once I upgrade to Windows7 will I be able to download and manually install Virtual PC and XP mode and have it work in...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:43.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App