Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Urgent Driver Issue

30 Aug 2009   #1

windows 7
 
 
Urgent Driver Issue

Hi i have recently done a fresh install to windows 7 and i cannot gte my driver for my mic.

I am on a acer asspire laptop 5536.

If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be highley appriciated.

Regards Paul


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Aug 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpp View Post
Hi i have recently done a fresh install to windows 7 and i cannot gte my driver for my mic.

I am on a acer asspire laptop 5536.

If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be highley appriciated.

Regards Paul
Paulpp

First things first. we need to know what hardware you have to look for an audio driver so please fill in the system specs (lower left corner). Second is it 32 bit or 64?

Thanks

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #3

windows 7
 
 

Sorry anout that ill fill it in now im new to this site so got to get used to it.

Im running amd athlon core dual processor 2.1ghz, 3 gb ram, windows 7 ultimate.

I hope this is what you mean.

Regards Paul
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Aug 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpp View Post
Sorry anout that ill fill it in now im new to this site so got to get used to it.

Im running amd athlon core dual processor 2.1ghz, 3 gb ram, windows 7 ultimate.

I hope this is what you mean.

Regards Paul
Paulpp

Didnt you just get alink for that driver on the vista64 site?

Acer Aspire 5536 Mic Driver! - Vista Forums

ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #5

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Paulpp

Didnt you just get alink for that driver on the vista64 site?

Acer Aspire 5536 Mic Driver! - Vista Forums

ken
I updated all of my specs to thr best of my ability not sure about them all and the link i was given wass to come to this section of the forum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

no problem you running 32 bit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #7

windows 7
 
 

Oops sorry forget to mention that ye i am running 32bit.

Im gathering my motherboard is acer and i have built in hd sound.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpp View Post
Oops sorry forget to mention that ye i am running 32bit.
Then your audio chipset is realtek. I found a driver for xp here Download Acer-Aspire-5536-Audio_Realtek-Driver-For-XP_-_www.laptopdrivers.net.7z for free on uploading.com but cant seem to find a vista or win 7 driver. You could try installing the xp driver in compatibility mode. (right click file compatibility tab set to xp sp2 or 3)

Hope this helps. Now that you know its a realtek chipset you can also google it or search for it here on seven forums

let me know if y ou need help

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #9

windows 7
 
 

Thank you, just downloading thi driver as we speak, ill let you know if it works and thanks for helping me out with my sound information (chipset).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpp View Post
Thank you, just downloading thi driver as we speak, ill let you know if it works and thanks for helping me out with my sound information (chipset).
Paulpp

No problem. when you get settled there are programs that will tell you exactly what is in your computer so you can know what you need and find it. One is called everest.

Good luck\


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Urgent Driver Issue




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33