|19 May 2012||#1|
| || |
BSOD due to netio.sys and ntoskrnl.exe crashing while using uTorrent
I have recently installed uTorrent 3.1.3 and it runs cleanly for a day and then blue screens the next day.
I installed bluescreenview and found the mentioned files/drivers crashed and caused the BSOD.
I am only using Windows Live Essentials and my wireless driver is up to date.
What is causing this crash and how do I fix it?
I have never has this problem with uTorrent 3.1.2
The following is the crash dump thingy
Dump File : 051912-20155-01.dmp
Crash Time : 19/05/2012 14:32:40
Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x000000d1
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000028
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : fffff880`01611b2d
Caused By Driver : NETIO.SYS
Caused By Address : NETIO.SYS+11b2d
File Description :
Product Name :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\windows\Minidump\051912-20155-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144
|My System Specs|
|19 May 2012||#2|
| || |
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.
If you are overclocking STOP
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD due to netio.sys and ntoskrnl.exe crashing while using uTorrent|
|BSOD when uTorrent is running netio.sys||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD Netio.sys while using uTorrent||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD with uTorrent; ntoskrnl.exe and NETIO.SYS||BSOD Help and Support|
|Netio.sys BSOD with uTorrent||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD uTorrent Netio.Sys||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD in NETIO.sys when running uTorrent||BSOD Help and Support|
|bsod due to netio.sys when use utorrent||BSOD Help and Support|