Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Will AMD Radeon HD 6450 work on my PC?


30 May 2012   #1

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Will AMD Radeon HD 6450 work on my PC?

AMD Radeon HD 6450, 1GB DDR3, passive, Low Profile, PCI-E


Asus AMD Radeon HD 6450, 1GB DDR3, passiivinen, Low Profile, PCI-E | 46.00e - Jimms.fi

So lot of people says that that graphic card works on 200w power supplys, so i wanna hear what you guys think? Because i'm about to order it now. Later i'll buy new case, motherboard etc.... But will that graphic card work on my current power supply and motherboard?

My motherboard is Acer WMCP78M (Socket AM2 )
My power supply is 220W

PS. I'm sorry for doing lot of this kind of threads. I'm just that kind of person who likes to ask ALOOOT

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 May 2012   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VincentStrike View Post
AMD Radeon HD 6450, 1GB DDR3, passive, Low Profile, PCI-E


Asus AMD Radeon HD 6450, 1GB DDR3, passiivinen, Low Profile, PCI-E | 46.00e - Jimms.fi

So lot of people says that that graphic card works on 200w power supplys, so i wanna hear what you guys think? Because i'm about to order it now. Later i'll buy new case, motherboard etc.... But will that graphic card work on my current power supply and motherboard?

My motherboard is Acer WMCP78M (Socket AM2 )
My power supply is 220W

PS. I'm sorry for doing lot of this kind of threads. I'm just that kind of person who likes to ask ALOOOT
It looks like it will work. I won't guarantee that it will work, but I think it will.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2012   #3

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

So that's a YES to me xD, if i get like 1 more positive answer i will order it from that page :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 May 2012   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VincentStrike View Post
So that's a YES to me xD, if i get like 1 more positive answer i will order it from that page :P
Let me find someone else to verify that this will work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2012   #5

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VincentStrike View Post
So that's a YES to me xD, if i get like 1 more positive answer i will order it from that page :P
Let me find someone else to verify that this will work.
Okay i'll be waiting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2012   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (O.E.M)
 
 

Hi,

Unfortunately, I cannot be sure this will work. The AMD site for this card (AMD Radeon) gives a minimum of a 400W PSU. The card on its own probably only uses 200W but add the CPU and other things, the wattage goes up. I would recommend you install a 400W PSU if using this card. A 200W PSU will cause instability.

Sorry
Stephen
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2012   #7

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

I have to say that I very much doubt it. According to AMD here AMD Radeon, they recommend a minimum PSU rating of 400W for this card. Your PSU of just 220W is not going to cut the mustard here, and I would suspect that it is very much near its capacity with what you currently have on this computer. Certainly, if you are currently using on-board graphics, then factoring in a graphics card to the equation is likely to cause system failure due to the overloading of the PSU.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2012   #8

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

I'm sorry, but after some more research of my own, I agree too. You do need to upgrade your pc's power supply. 220 isn't enough.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2012   #9

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

I don't think so either. The AMD website says that you need at least a 400 Watt PSU. Something to keep in mind is that a video card only draws as much power as it needs. It will draw less power when browsing the web, than when playing PC games or watching HD video. I've seen a few cases where someone has a PSU that was only 50 watts or so under what it said it needed, and Youtube worked fine, but when they tried to play a game, the computer would crash after a few seconds.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2012   #10

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

All right thank you all for your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Will AMD Radeon HD 6450 work on my PC?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Will AMD Radeon HD 6450 work on my PC?
Thread Forum
Solved Can a Radeon 9250 card work in W7? Graphic Cards
Screen Display problems 7/64 bit with AMD Radeon 6450 Graphic Cards
Using an LG 60LD550 on Radeon HD 6450 Graphic Cards
Solved New System w/ Radeon HD 6450 and Radeon HD 5450 Need Help Graphic Cards
3 Monitors HP2311 - Radeon HD 6450 - doesn't work. Graphic Cards
Cant get HIS Radeon HD 5870 to work Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33