Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HFS+ (Mac OS Extended) filesystem driver for windows?


08 Sep 2009   #1

32bit-Vista Home Premium SP2, 32bit-Windows 7 Ultimate RC, also got Mac OS X 10.5.7 (in VMware)
 
 
HFS+ (Mac OS Extended) filesystem driver for windows?

Hi all,
I have a question, is there a driver that will allow me to read/write HFS+ (mac os) partitions from windows 7? I have tried macdrive 8 but it wont find or open the disc. I tried HFSExplorer but that is read only, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Sam


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Sep 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by samstar1412 View Post
Hi all,
I have a question, is there a driver that will allow me to read/write HFS+ (mac os) partitions from windows 7? I have tried macdrive 8 but it wont find or open the disc. I tried HFSExplorer but that is read only, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Sam
Is it safe to assume you are using an OSx86 distribution? (I'm a user myself ) I'd be glad to give you some options.

Just give me a moment to remember what I used.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2009   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Hmm couldn't find the one I used a bit back but you can try the 15-day trial on this one? My friend over at Insanely suggested it.

I'll assume you've dished out cash for Mac Drive 8. Perhaps you could contact them and get your money back since it doesn't work as advertised.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Sep 2009   #4

32bit-Vista Home Premium SP2, 32bit-Windows 7 Ultimate RC, also got Mac OS X 10.5.7 (in VMware)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by samstar1412 View Post
Hi all,
I have a question, is there a driver that will allow me to read/write HFS+ (mac os) partitions from windows 7? I have tried macdrive 8 but it wont find or open the disc. I tried HFSExplorer but that is read only, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Sam
Is it safe to assume you are using an OSx86 distribution? (I'm a user myself ) I'd be glad to give you some options.

Just give me a moment to remember what I used.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
Hmm couldn't find the one I used a bit back but you can try the 15-day trial on this one? My friend over at Insanely suggested it.

I'll assume you've dished out cash for Mac Drive 8. Perhaps you could contact them and get your money back since it doesn't work as advertised.
I download the one you linked to just after you posted that and it might do the trick, macdrive is pretty ordinary but its good for formatting drives and stuff so I might keep it. And as for the OSX86 thing yeah I'm using iATKOS_v7 I tried it in VMware and loved it so I installed it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #5

Windows 7 x64
 
 

I've tried using MacDrive 8 for the past week and it keeps disconnecting one of my HFS+ hard drives and sporatically remounting it whenever it wants. I have all my music stored on that hdd so it is highly annoying. Plus I know it's MacDrive's fault and not a loose cable because my iDeneb has the hdd mounted ALL the time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2011   #6

7 32-bit
 
 

Something seems very non-Apple about these issues. Are you guys all using drives that were formatted with Disk Utility while booted to OS X on an Apple Macintosh computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2011   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

ķui or non. NON!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HFS+ (Mac OS Extended) filesystem driver for windows?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: HFS+ (Mac OS Extended) filesystem driver for windows?
Thread Forum
Exclaimation mark by WPD FileSystem Volume Driver Hardware & Devices
Solved ZFS filesystem and NTFS filesystem General Discussion
WPD FileSystem Volume Driver (Error Code 10) Drivers
Solved Win 7 copy corrupts Win XP filesystem General Discussion
WPD filesystem volume driver(error code 10)"device can't start" Drivers
setting up raid0 filesystem after install Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Š Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33