Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Installing NVIDIA Driver error

11 Aug 2012   #1
nado

Windows 7 64bit
 
 
Installing NVIDIA Driver error

I recently did a re-installment of windows 7 64bit on my sony vaio vpcf1, and when I try to install the graphics driver I get that "found no compatible hardware blah blah" error. Im stuck with that standard VGA graphics driver. I tried to run as admin and such stuff but nothing worked so far. Help lol


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Aug 2012   #2
Roderunner

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Hi nado, if you go to Sony website, you should be able to dl the drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Aug 2012   #3
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nado View Post
I recently did a re-installment of windows 7 64bit on my sony vaio vpcf1, and when I try to install the graphics driver I get that "found no compatible hardware blah blah" error. Im stuck with that standard VGA graphics driver. I tried to run as admin and such stuff but nothing worked so far. Help lol
Do you have any idea what GPU you have?

Try this if you haven't already:
NVIDIA DRIVERS 296.10WHQL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Aug 2012   #4
nado

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
Hi nado, if you go to Sony website, you should be able to dl the drivers.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nado View Post
I recently did a re-installment of windows 7 64bit on my sony vaio vpcf1, and when I try to install the graphics driver I get that "found no compatible hardware blah blah" error. Im stuck with that standard VGA graphics driver. I tried to run as admin and such stuff but nothing worked so far. Help lol
Do you have any idea what GPU you have?

Try this if you haven't already:
NVIDIA DRIVERS 296.10WHQL
Yes I went there and got the latest driver for my laptop series.

& I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M GPU and ima try it out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Aug 2012   #5
Mintos45

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nado View Post
I recently did a re-installment of windows 7 64bit on my sony vaio vpcf1, and when I try to install the graphics driver I get that "found no compatible hardware blah blah" error. Im stuck with that standard VGA graphics driver. I tried to run as admin and such stuff but nothing worked so far. Help lol
Do you have any idea what GPU you have?

Try this if you haven't already:
NVIDIA DRIVERS 296.10WHQL
Apparently drivers from NVIDIA 29X.XX and above are buggy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Aug 2012   #6
nado

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Thank you for that link it worked<3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Installing NVIDIA Driver error




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
nvidia isn't installing latest driver
Hai friends, I am using HP Pavilion dv6-7012tx with 2gb nvidia geforce gt630m graphics card.My driver version is 295.55.Recently when I checked for driver update in nvidia control panel it showed that version 301.42 is available & the nvidia website also showed that update is available for my...
Graphic Cards
Error installing nVidia GeForce 7150M Display driver
Hey there everyone. I was attempting to install the display driver when I received this error message from Windows Update: "WindowsUpdate_80070006" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" I searched Google and only found 7 results with no solutions. I attempted to get the drivers from the nVidia website and it...
Drivers
Installing Nvidia 195.62 driver causes BSOD on boot
After installing the latest Nvidia driver for my GeForce 8800GT my Windows Ultimate 64-bit crashes to bluescreen on booting, the only way to start it then is in safe mode. Removing the drivers does not help, forcing me to reinstall Windows completely. Using the driver that Windows downloads...
Graphic Cards
No Nvidia control panel/driver not installing
Ez Crew, Having a major problem trying to install the latest drivers for my 8800GT, I went to hook my rig up to my 42" LCD TV through the HDMI input (something I did all the time while on XP) after a clean install of Win7 X64. I noticed the desktop was to big for the screen so I went to install...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:13.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App