Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: logitech webcam instalation problem

11 Sep 2012   #31
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Have just read you other thread of two days ago where you say Windows keeps crashing. Had I known this at the beginning we could have saved an awful lot of time and trouble. You clearly have an iffy Windows install. When you say you reformatted did you have Windows 7 64bit installed before and was the webcam working ok then? If you installed the Windows 7 for the first time did you install from a download or a disc. Either way where did your copy of Windows 7 come from?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Sep 2012   #32
chris2busy

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Have just read you other thread of two days ago where you say Windows keeps crashing. Had I known this at the beginning we could have saved an awful lot of time and trouble. You clearly have an iffy Windows install. When you say you reformatted did you have Windows 7 64bit installed before and was the webcam working ok then? If you installed the Windows 7 for the first time did you install from a download or a disc. Either way where did your copy of Windows 7 come from?
Oh i forgot to mark that topic as solved..well i have a wireless adaptor that included a usb cradle..it turns out that when this cradle was connected i got freezes..now i plugged it directly to the mobo usb port (without the cradle) and haven't had a single problem with that, ever since.

( TL-WN821NC - Welcome to TP-LINK )

Yes i used that with windows7 32 bit version..The webcam used to work 100% fine then..
now i reformated and gone to windows7 64 bit version.(webcam+drivers are compatible with both-as reported on cd label and website).

On 32bit i had it installed with the cd and on the 64 bit, windows installed it itself before i even get the cd(then i got it in and installed).


Both windows are official from the university i am in cooperation from their msdnaa alliance with MS.It is called dreamspark now ( https://www.dreamspark.com/ )
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #33
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

OK He's an idea. Try this
Logitech SetPoint Driver 6.30.43 for Windows 64-bit - TechSpot Drivers

If that doesn't work I am at a loss. I would recommend you contacct Logitech support!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Sep 2012   #34
chris2busy

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
OK He's an idea. Try this
Logitech SetPoint Driver 6.30.43 for Windows 64-bit - TechSpot Drivers

If that doesn't work I am at a loss. I would recommend you contacct Logitech support!
Setpoint drivers is for mice and keyboards...oh well...it looks like a dead end..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #35
oxymoron02

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chris2busy View Post
i can confirm that, from my previous installation (win 7 32 bit)..i suppose it could be that it will not work with 64 bit?
Unfortunately not the case. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and the webcam works as intended. Incidentally I can't find (or I'm being a bit thick) whether you entirely erased all associated drivers through Device Manager. I believe in one post you expressed some sort of difficulty with doing so?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #36
chris2busy

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oxymoron02 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chris2busy View Post
i can confirm that, from my previous installation (win 7 32 bit)..i suppose it could be that it will not work with 64 bit?
Unfortunately not the case. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and the webcam works as intended. Incidentally I can't find (or I'm being a bit thick) whether you entirely erased all associated drivers through Device Manager. I believe in one post you expressed some sort of difficulty with doing so?
Drivers have been fixed..at least it seems that way..(see screenshot attached)

but still camera just freezes...when i try to use it, i only get blank screen and no feed, also after i shut down the light on the webcam stays lit...EVEN if i shut down pc completely, the lid does not go out..


Attached Thumbnails
logitech webcam instalation problem-1.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #37
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

And what do you get if you double click on the webcam in the Imaging Devices (the top red box in your screenshot?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #38
chris2busy

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
And what do you get if you double click on the webcam in the Imaging Devices (the top red box in your screenshot?
well..That..


Attached Thumbnails
logitech webcam instalation problem-2.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #39
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

And when you click "Driver" does it show this one "13.31.1044.0"?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #40
chris2busy

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
And when you click "Driver" does it show this one "13.31.1044.0"?
nope.. a tad older one it seems..but i did install from the "lws231_full.exe" package...


Attached Thumbnails
logitech webcam instalation problem-3.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 logitech webcam instalation problem




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Logitech WebCam Drivers
Got a Logitech (QuickCam) Webcam, logitech website says no drivers are available for Vista or Windows 7 and telling me do buy a new camera! Part number is M/N: V-UBC40 If anyone hears of a third party offering them then do please let me know. Thanks
Drivers
LOgitech webcam
Hi Guys. I have a logitech webcam that i used to use with xp and could mail a photo etc without trouble. with windows seven it tells me No microsoft outlook profiles have been created and tells me to go through user accounts and click mail and the ADD. but mail isnt on the list. a friend told me...
Music, Pictures & Video
Logitech 910 Webcam NEED HELP PLEASE
I have a 910 Logitech webcam. I have installed and uninstalled the software and drivers over 20 times. I have talked to Logitech support numerous times. My problem is that my webcam is working perfect About 10 minutes later I get a message saying "Camshaell.exe Help" cannot be found and the web cam...
Hardware & Devices
Logitech Webcam Pro 9000
I've taken many videos and is there any way to splice them together so I will have just one take?
Music, Pictures & Video
Logitech ClickSmart 310 Webcam
Since I received my new (Dell) computer with Windows 7 (which I'm not exactly delighted with) neither my Logitech web cam or my Epson DX4800 scanner won't work and I can't find drivers anywhere. Can anyone help please?
Drivers
Logitech webcam > immediate BSOD
Fellow geeks. I got a new webcam, Logitech C600, a couple of months ago. Had problems to install it but eventually got it working. Using latest Logitech drivers. Haven't used camera now in past two weeks or so. Have tried today, resulting 6 BSOD's! It seems that every time I turn the camera...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App