Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: logitech webcam instalation problem

10 Sep 2012   #1

win 7
 
 
logitech webcam instalation problem

Hey guys!
I hope you all are having a great day..i recently reformated my pc(win 7 x64) and windows automatically installed drivers for my Logitech HD webcam C270..
Those are non functional so i tried to install the drivers from the original cd(tried the website ones too) but they all failed to instal because of the windows installed drivers already..
The end result is that my webcam does not function at all..
When i i enter device manager and uninstall the driver for the webcam, right after i hit scan for hardware changes, windows automatically adds the MS drivers for it again(even if i go offline)..

I also tried to update drivers and "locate drivers on pc location" and pointed to the installation CD, but that turned a message "latest drivers are already installed"..
I have no idea what to do now and i need the cam for skyping with my wife while she is away on buissiness.
Thanks in advance!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Sep 2012   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

First off congratulations on choosing an awesome webcam! /coughcoughbiasedcough

Now to the problem; technically it's fine to leave the webcam working on generic drivers, it will still function exactly as it's supposed to. If you want the official Logitech ones though, along with the ability to use the software it comes with (allowing various special effects) then you need to get rid of those generic drivers.

In your Start menu, right click on Computer and hit up Manage. This will bring up the Computer Management window which you may or may not be familiar with. In the left hand pane toward the bottom you'll see Device manager, go ahead 'n' click it.
The middle pane will now change to show all your currently installed and plugged in hardware, so make sure the webcam is plugged in for this step.

In Imaging Devices you'll find Logitech HD Webcam 270, right click and then click Uninstall.
Once it's finished up (should only take a few seconds), set about installing the Logitech drivers. Voila!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #3

win 7
 
 

Hey mate!
Thanks for the fast reply
I really only trust logitech for the most of my peripheral!
But i already tried what you suggeste..i quote myself on the OP.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chris2busy View Post
The end result is that my webcam does not function at all..
When i i enter device manager and uninstall the driver for the webcam, right after i hit scan for hardware changes, windows automatically adds the MS drivers for it again(even if i go offline)..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Sep 2012   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

The problem is that you pressed "Scan for hardware changes". I just didn't want to point it out to you because it made me feel I was being patronising.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #5

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oxymoron02 View Post
The problem is that you pressed "Scan for hardware changes". I just didn't want to point it out to you because it made me feel I was being patronising.
Ohh!!
Don't worry i wasn't going to! to me its help enough that you even took time to read my post! thanks ! will try right away and report back!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

It's no problem at all, s'what I'm here for after all!

Just one thing still bugs me, and that's why Windows isn't downloading the Logitech drivers anyway; it should be doing that by default. At least, mine does (just tested and verified).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oxymoron02 View Post
Just one thing still bugs me, and that's why Windows isn't downloading the Logitech drivers anyway; it should be doing that by default. At least, mine does (just tested and verified).
That thought occurred to me too. Might be a good idea just to make sure there are little nasties lurking about. An A/V scan a then Malwarebytes might be worth doing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #8

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oxymoron02 View Post
Just one thing still bugs me, and that's why Windows isn't downloading the Logitech drivers anyway; it should be doing that by default. At least, mine does (just tested and verified).
That thought occurred to me too. Might be a good idea just to make sure there are little nasties lurking about. An A/V scan a then Malwarebytes might be worth doing.
I'd think it should as well...but it just persists to dl a generic version of webcam driver that does not work..thats what i get

https://www.box.com/shared/static/1x...04n4za6kud.jpg
https://www.box.com/shared/static/vs...kl3e75lp7l.jpg
https://www.box.com/shared/static/41...8mnx8ehcds.jpg

By the way...the green led light on camera seems to stay light up at all times..I believe it to be a part of those generic drivers screw up.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oxymoron02 View Post
It's no problem at all, s'what I'm here for after all!

Just one thing still bugs me, and that's why Windows isn't downloading the Logitech drivers anyway; it should be doing that by default. At least, mine does (just tested and verified).
The box is malware free and clean as a whistle :s formated instalation just last night and installed A/V even before updates/drivers (had it disabled while installing those, but didnt do anything with the pc during that period).
P.S : just double checked :
https://www.box.com/shared/static/ny...737lggeqs5.jpg
https://www.box.com/shared/static/9r...v0c9zvnr1m.png
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Sorry never used Box and have no idea how it works. But why is it used just to download a driver for a webcam?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2012   #10

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Sorry never used Box and have no idea how it works. But why is it used just to download a driver for a webcam?
i just hostex the screenshots in box..
You can view them if u just click on the link and select "To download this file, please visit: "
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 logitech webcam instalation problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: logitech webcam instalation problem
Thread Forum
Logitech WebCam Drivers Drivers
LOgitech webcam Music, Pictures & Video
Logitech 910 Webcam NEED HELP PLEASE Hardware & Devices
i have webcam for logitech but no drivers Drivers
Logitech ClickSmart 310 Webcam Drivers
Logitech webcam > immediate BSOD BSOD Help and Support
Logitech Webcam communicate STX Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33