Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Webcam drivers for acer aspire 1410 notebook (11.6")

23 Sep 2012   #111
latecomer

win7 home premium 32bit OEM System Builder Pack
 
 

it means since there are so many types of mother boards, graphic cards, sound cards, and every other type of componetes, it has every type of driver to get your system up and running, before it installs, it checks over your system to know what drivers it needs to load. it doesnt have none of the manufactures driver, or the add on software. like for instant, when i had vista, i didnt have windows media player to use for movies, i had WinDVD 7 to watch movies with. once you install it, you will need to just download from acer support website your video graphics, and sound card drivers, and if it works your webcam driver. windows will use the updates for any other driver it needs.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Sep 2012   #112
x BlueRobot

 

I believe the only option is a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 as suggested before by both me and derekimo.

The above option is what I would personally do in your position, since this thread has reached the 112th post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2012   #113
latecomer

win7 home premium 32bit OEM System Builder Pack
 
 

i agree with the clean install. for one: his factory DVD's are the same as my factory DVD's of vista home basic, except his has win7.
two: the split hard drive, on drive D: thats where the hidden partition is for the great idea of repairing corrupt files. so to access that drive D: when you power it up you press the FN and F10 keys together holding them down and it will reboot back to the first day you bought it and pressed the power button. but you still have corrupt files.
SBUX, disregard this and keep your mind on clean install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Sep 2012   #114
sbuxman

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
This is getting way off the easy track here.

One step at a time. First, that wasn't latecomers post with the clean install links.

This is all you need,

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Using the product key you already own.

The first step is to download and save the ISO file (your desktop is fine) then burn it to a DVD or flash drive as stated in step 2.

The ISO you want to download is the Home Premium x86: X17-58996.iso from the link in step 1.

Once you have those steps done or need help with those post back, forget everything else right now.
Thank you! I started the long download and will be checking back to hope it improves from the 6+ hours displayed, but I'd rather get it right no matter how long...so I'll be posting back after the .iso burn.

sbuxman
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2012   #115
latecomer

win7 home premium 32bit OEM System Builder Pack
 
 

we be waiting. hope you good luck getting it going.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2012   #116
sbuxman

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Download finished and will purchase a writeable DVD for burning momentarily.

I want to ask a more general question about this forum's ability to help me help a friend who's given me an older system to do with whatever... Although it's Vista Home Basic, I want to start here, different thread obviously if help is possible, to inquire about what that help might be, even if it's to send me to another forum ...

Compaq Presario SR5010NX
Celeron D processor 360
Vista Home Basic
512 MB RAM
120 GB HDD
Intel graphics media accelerator
DVD/CD w/Lightscribe

Since starting over with my notebook via the clean install, I'm wondering if same is available for this much older system...possibly even using the burned DVD for it? The system is ridiculously sluggish to almost stopped, so I'm sure new life can be breathed into it with a format?

Thanks for all the help...

sbuxman
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2012   #117
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sbuxman View Post
Download finished and will purchase a writeable DVD for burning momentarily.

I want to ask a more general question about this forum's ability to help me help a friend who's given me an older system to do with whatever... Although it's Vista Home Basic, I want to start here, different thread obviously if help is possible, to inquire about what that help might be, even if it's to send me to another forum ...

Compaq Presario SR5010NX
Celeron D processor 360
Vista Home Basic
512 MB RAM
120 GB HDD
Intel graphics media accelerator
DVD/CD w/Lightscribe

Since starting over with my notebook via the clean install, I'm wondering if same is available for this much older system...possibly even using the burned DVD for it? The system is ridiculously sluggish to almost stopped, so I'm sure new life can be breathed into it with a format?

Thanks for all the help...

sbuxman
That 512 Mb of RAM is pretty low.

Also just so this thread doesn't go completely sideways I would start a different thread for that task.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2012   #118
x BlueRobot

 

The memory is very low, have you tried running the Crucial Memory Scanner?

The program will scan the motherboard, and then detect what memory modules can be installed, the amount of memory the motherboard can handle and the amount of memory a per a slot.

Hope this helps,

Harry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2012   #119
latecomer

win7 home premium 32bit OEM System Builder Pack
 
 

vista needs 1gb of ram for premium and i believe pro,ultimate needs 2gb of ram, but you need product key for premium pro and ultimate, im not sure the vista ISO will install basic. home basic is just the basic of windows, you can download the vista ISO from the vista website. depending how old is how much ram would cost. theyre usually under 75 bucks. really old systems is OMG!.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2012   #120
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by x BlueRobot View Post
The memory is very low, have you tried running the Crucial Memory Scanner?

The program will scan the motherboard, and then detect what memory modules can be installed, the amount of memory the motherboard can handle and the amount of memory a per a slot.

Hope this helps,

Harry
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
vista needs 1gb of ram for premium and i believe pro,ultimate needs 2gb of ram, but you need product key for premium pro and ultimate, im not sure the vista ISO will install basic. home basic is just the basic of windows, you can download the vista ISO from the vista website. depending how old is how much ram would cost. theyre usually under 75 bucks. really old systems is OMG!.
Here's the other thread,

Can I Use a Win7HP ISO File for a Clean Install of an Older Vista Sys?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Webcam drivers for acer aspire 1410 notebook (11.6")




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560
Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as...
Hardware & Devices
Intel Graphic Driver won't install on Acer Aspire 1410
Hi guys, I have a serious problem. Right now I've made the impossible for the driver to work correctly but I can't. I am trying to install the correct Graphic Driver for an Acer Aspire 1410 to no avail. It is a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family. I've tried to install it: - Via...
Drivers
Acer Aspire 1410's trackpad "killed itself" :s
Guys, three days ago I was using an Acer Aspire 1410 notebook until I mistakenly pressed the disable trackpad key on the keyboard for the one which turns off the display. I have hit on that key previously various times, but for the first time it permanently disabled the trackpad on the little pc....
Hardware & Devices
acer aspire zg5 webcam
i have just installed win7 on my Acer Aspire ZG5 and the webcam that shows up in my computer in win XP isnt there it is in device manager and is saying the device is up to date i have tried the acer aspire one zg5 drivers from the acer website and it still isnt working
Drivers
Acer Aspire 5516 Notebook
Acer Aspire 5516 This is a report on upgrading from Vista Home Basic to Windows 7 Home Premium. I didn't do a Clean Install as I was worried about drivers, etc.. It turns out that everything went smoothly except for the graphics card driver. (Radeon 1200) What I found out was that the...
Installation & Setup
Acer aspire one webcam
i upgraded my acer aspire one (AOA150Bb) to windows 7 home premium unfortunately the web cam is not in my computer is there any way of getting it there??? i know i was on here like 2 days ago with a different problem but windows 7 is a hell of a lot better than XP when you get it working.
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:48.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App