|23 Sep 2009||#1|
?HP Photosmart 7600/7660 install
Currently using win 7 Ultimate RC on a spare rig
Im trying to install this.
1.I have the Install file in XP mode but Im getting errors regarding an missing xxx.exe file (hpxx.exe)/forgot during install. So it doesnt complete.
2.So I leave to windows via update to find it > device driver fails even when it connects to the internet
3.looked at HP site and sais Deskjet 5600 is the compatible driver so I manually CHOOSE from the driver list (within windows) but fails
something I missed? I currently have the RTM PRO version but havent installed it. Waiting awhile till Im near expiry date.
PC= Pentium firstname.lastname@example.org with 1gb of ram corsair
+I looked at the HP site only directs me to a guide for alternate drivers (5600)
|My System Specs|
|23 Sep 2009||#2|
this is what Im going to do next c/o Eric from siliconguide.com
RE: Installing HP Photosmart 7660 Printer on Windows Vista
HP is not providing a Windows Vista driver for the HP Photosmart 7660 printer. But there is an alternative way to get the printer working on Windows Vista. Just follow these steps:
1. If your printer is connected to your computer, disconnect it.
2. Click on the Start menu.
3. Click on Control Panel
4. Click on the Hardware & Sounds control panel.
5. Click Printers.
6. Click "Add a Printer"
7. Click "Add a Local Printer"
8. Check off the "Use an existing port" check box.
9. In the list entitled "Use an existing port" choose "LPT1: (Printer Port)
10. Click on the "Next" button
11. Choose "HP" as the manufacturer from the list of manufacturers
12. In the printers list that shows up, choose "Deskjet 5600"
13. Click on the "Next" button
14. In the text box called "Printer name" type "Photosmart 7660"
15. Wait for the computer to say that the printer has been successfully added.
16. Connect your printer to your computer (i.e. connect the cable to the USB port at the back of your computer.
17. A "Found New Hardware" screen should show up. Click Cancel on this window. (if it keeps showing up, just keep on clicking cancel until no more windows pop up)
18. Go back to the printer folder (i.e. the one where you clicked "Add a Printer"
19. Right Click on "Photosmart 7660"
20. Click on "Properties" in the menu that popped up.
21. Select the "Ports" tab.
22. Change the port from "LPT1" to "USB"
23. Click on the "Apply" button.
And that's it! That should allow you to use your HP Photosmart 7660 printer in Windows Vista.
You might want to print out a test page just to make sure the printer works.
will update ASAP
|My System Specs|
|26 Dec 2009||#7|
I also followed the suggestions above and got the 7660 to print from Win7. I have another issue. I could only get it to wok if I had the printer connected locally. It is currently connected to a desktop machine and is shared on my home network. Win 7 can see it, but I cant get the trick to work here. It keeps asking for the inf file. I tried to find the deskjet 5600 inf so I coule down load it and then point to it in the install but I can't seem to find it. Thought I was close, but I had to down load a 400 MB file that supposedly included the driverm but its an exe and wants to install a bunch of HP software. Not interested in that.
So, Does anyone know where I can get just the basic HP Deskjet 5600 INF file?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: ?HP Photosmart 7600/7660 install|
|HP photosmart B110 drivers won't install||Drivers|
|Unable to install HP Photosmart B209a printer on 64-bit OS||Drivers|
|Photosmart 7660 Two Sided Printing||Drivers|
|Can someone help me to install HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One driver?||Drivers|
|can not install windows 7600 rtm||Installation & Setup|
|7600 install help||Installation & Setup|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.