|25 Sep 2009||#1|
HP Deskjet 3600 (3647) series driver (Solution!)
Here is the solution if you want to install your HP Deskjet 3600 series
(mine is a HP deskjet 3647) on Windows 7100 RC 64-bit
1) Click on the windows-button ("start"-button) en click on "Devices and printers".
2) Click "add printer" on top of the window
3) Click on "add local printer"
4) Choose "use an existing port" and choose "USB001 (virtual printer port for usb)" and click "Next"
5) Click on the "Windows update" button
6) Wait, this will take a while!!!
7) Choose "HP" as Manufacturer, "hp deskjet 3600 (LIDIL)" as printer
8) Attach the printer and click ""Print test page" to test printer.
9) Your done!
10) This works also for network printers!
|My System Specs|
|28 Sep 2012||#6|
Addition to the solution above
If you get an error message of "Windows was unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update. Please try again later." the following is the additional solution to the post above.
Problem: When I get to the "Choose your printer from the list" screen and click the Windows Update button. The window shows "Windows is updating the list of devices from Windows Update. This may take a a few minutes." After a varying amount of time, I get the following:
"Windows was unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update. Please try again later."
Solution: it seems that the Windows Update has corrupted files, this refreshes the Software Distribution folder.
Essentially what you will be doing is deleting the Software Distribution Folder. Then after it renews itself, WU should be functional.
1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del)
2. Click Services Tab
3. Click on the services button in the bottom right corner.
4. Under Name find "Windows Updates"
5. Right click on "Windows Updates" and click on Stop Service. do not close
6. Open Window Explorer and browse to C:\Windows
7. Delete the Folder "SoftwareDistribution"
8. Go back to the Task Manager, Right click on "Windows Updates" and click on Start Service.
Then try back the process of pressing Windows Update button.
You can find the information of how to find the name of which hp deskjet driver to install here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=75040
Note: I found this solution at the following web page at Getting a printer driver from Windows Update
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: HP Deskjet 3600 (3647) series driver (Solution!)|
|HP deskjet 3420 driver||Drivers|
|HP Deskjet D2400 Series Printer Compatibility||Hardware & Devices|
|ATI Radeon™ HD 3600 Series||Hardware & Devices|
|HP DeskJet 722C Driver||Drivers|
|A driver for HP DeskJet F2200||Hardware & Devices|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32.