If you get an error message of "Windows was unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update. Please try again later." the following is the additional solution to the post above.
Problem: When I get to the "Choose your printer from the list" screen and click the Windows Update button. The window shows "Windows is updating the list of devices from Windows Update. This may take a a few minutes." After a varying amount of time, I get the following:
"Windows was unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update. Please try again later."
Solution: it seems that the Windows Update has corrupted files, this refreshes the Software Distribution folder.
Essentially what you will be doing is deleting the Software Distribution Folder. Then after it renews itself, WU should be functional.
1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del)
2. Click Services Tab
3. Click on the services button in the bottom right corner.
4. Under Name find "Windows Updates"
5. Right click on "Windows Updates" and click on Stop Service. do not close
6. Open Window Explorer and browse to C:\Windows
7. Delete the Folder "SoftwareDistribution"
8. Go back to the Task Manager, Right click on "Windows Updates" and click on Start Service.
Then try back the process of pressing Windows Update button.
You can find the information of how to find the name of which hp deskjet driver
to install here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=75040
Note: I found this solution at the following web page at Getting a printer driver from Windows Update