Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Display Driver has stopped working error

23 Nov 2012   #1
ajd112

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Display Driver has stopped working error

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 x2
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9500gt
HDD: Seagate 1TB

Hi. For the last three weeks I am almost regularly getting Display Driver nvlddmkm had stopped working and recovered successfully error. I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest drivers. I have even used driver sweeper before installation of new drivers. All to no avail. The error happens randomly. It hadn't occurred for the last five days but popped up again today. What can I do to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Nov 2012   #2
Zoloft

Win7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I was frequently having the same error, but was resolved when I installed the latest NVidia 306.97 driver. If you are not using that one, perhaps that will solve your issue too. (though your gpu is much newer than mine).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2012   #3
oreo27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ajd112 View Post
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 x2
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9500gt
HDD: Seagate 1TB

Hi. For the last three weeks I am almost regularly getting Display Driver nvlddmkm had stopped working and recovered successfully error. I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest drivers. I have even used driver sweeper before installation of new drivers. All to no avail. The error happens randomly. It hadn't occurred for the last five days but popped up again today. What can I do to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance.
Does this happen all the time or only on certain applications or games?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
I was frequently having the same error, but was resolved when I installed the latest NVidia 306.97 driver. If you are not using that one, perhaps that will solve your issue too. (though your gpu is much newer than mine).
Sorry to be a nuisance but you're running a GTX 460 (very powerful card for it's time) while he's running a 9500GT (can barely run games).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Nov 2012   #4
ajd112

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I already have the latest driver. The error crops up randomly- when I am readin a pdf doc, browsing some site and so on. Didn't have one while playing games yet. Was watchibg a movie in vlc just now when it happened 4 times back to back. Last time, the screen got scrambled for a few seconds. I shut down the pc after that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2012   #5
oreo27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ajd112 View Post
I already have the latest driver. The error crops up randomly- when I am readin a pdf doc, browsing some site and so on. Didn't have one while playing games yet. Was watchibg a movie in vlc just now when it happened 4 times back to back. Last time, the screen got scrambled for a few seconds. I shut down the pc after that.
I'm no expert in hardware or GPUs by any means so I'm not entirely sure.

If your video card is showing artifacts (moving lines, moving colors, etc. etc.), it's a sign of hardware failure.

Best way to test is to get another video card (Nvidia chipset, for the drivers) and check out if it works with no problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Display Driver has stopped working error




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
display driver stopped working then recovred
My screen went black of a few seconds and I got a message stating my Display Driver had stopped working. This is the first time this has ever happened
Drivers
Display driver stopped working and recovered
I am facing this problem once in each 3-4 hrs. Everything is getting frozen and display is going black for 2-3 seconds.Then I am getting a message like: Display driver stopped working for Windows Vista(R) and recovered. The point is that I am running Windows7 Professional (32-bit).
General Discussion
ATI display driver has stopped working properly.
ATI display driver has stopped working properly Got a little flag icon thingy that says this. I see no problems from my end IE everything woiks. What to do in this case?
Graphic Cards
AMD - Display driver stopped working and has recovered
I wonder if I can post this here, but I've been having problems with the ATI drivers for my HD Radeon 5770, 1GB, XFX XXX version. I had just recently wiped the computer due to the problems in an effort to locate the issue, reinstalling Win 7 and prior programs, then making a system image and repair...
Graphic Cards
Display driver stopped working and has recovered
Hello, This is my second thread on sevenforums, my bsod issue was succesfully resolved by you guys(thank you so much for that) and I need help again :( Sometimes my screen goes black or pink for 1-2 seconds then it becomes normal again, windows gives me a warning saying "display driver 296.10...
Drivers
display driver has stopped working and has successfully
display driver has stopped working and has successfully recovered this error message keeps happening after my pc is freezing. I am running the following system ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series Samsung SyncMaster (23.1"vis, s/n HVZQC00878, December 2008) 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 930...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App