Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HP QuickPlay buttons

22 Jan 2009   #1
Rosco997

Windows 7
 
 
HP QuickPlay buttons

I installed the QuickPlay software for my HP laptop in 7... But i cant find a way to make the shor cut butons work for it


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Jan 2009   #2
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rosco997 View Post
I installed the QuickPlay software for my HP laptop in 7... But i cant find a way to make the shor cut butons work for it
can you gives us more info as to what you want to do??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2009   #3
Rosco997

Windows 7
 
 

I want them to work..... If there is a way,
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
can you gives us more info as to what you want to do??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Jan 2009   #4
calgop

Windows 7 Build 6801 Pre-beta
 
 

You should set the compattibility to "Windows Vista" to get QP work perfectly.

And for the shortcut ,are you install HP QuickLaunch Button yet ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2009   #5
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rosco997 View Post
I want them to work..... If there is a way,

okay can you list your specs??
what model laptop you have

okay its basicly divided by two things:Quicklaunch and Quickplay

Quicklaunch is just for basic functionallity (as i have a tablet this has 4 buttons but two work with QL which call for either to flip the screen or to call up the mobility center..)

QP is for more advance funtionality....

i believe you need to download QL to get your buttons operational...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2009   #6
Rosco997

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
okay can you list your specs??
what model laptop you have

okay its basicly divided by two things:Quicklaunch and Quickplay

Quicklaunch is just for basic functionallity (as i have a tablet this has 4 buttons but two work with QL which call for either to flip the screen or to call up the mobility center..)

QP is for more advance funtionality....

i believe you need to download QL to get your buttons operational...
Awesome, i will try that.. thank you very much.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2009   #7
lappydog

Windows 7 7022 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rosco997 View Post
I installed the QuickPlay software for my HP laptop in 7... But i cant find a way to make the shor cut butons work for it
QuickPlay is a piece of software, like Windows Media Player, that runs your videos and audio. There is one button to launch the app.
QuickPlay Direct allows consumers to use their laptop in alternate “modes”, to play music CDs, DVD movies, and MP3s stored on the hard drive in a separate partition without booting to the main operating system.

Quicklaunch is the wifi, mute, volume slider, pause, FF, RW buttons above the keyboard(my buttons work fine with windows 7).

My Quickplay button does not work but I never use it and never have. POS and not worth the hassle (IMO). If you do a quick google search you will see quickplay has been a big headache for users since the release of vista.
Sorry I could not help with your problem

MY laptop is a HP DV5z
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2009   #8
Rosco997

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lappydog View Post
QuickPlay is a piece of software, like Windows Media Player, that runs your videos and audio. There is one button to launch the app.
QuickPlay Direct allows consumers to use their laptop in alternate “modes”, to play music CDs, DVD movies, and MP3s stored on the hard drive in a separate partition without booting to the main operating system.

Quicklaunch is the wifi, mute, volume slider, pause, FF, RW buttons above the keyboard(my buttons work fine with windows 7).

My Quickplay button does not work but I never use it and never have. POS and not worth the hassle (IMO). If you do a quick google search you will see quickplay has been a big headache for users since the release of vista.
Sorry I could not help with your problem

MY laptop is a HP DV5z
Oh i knoe that lol.. i just like having everything working ok.... The new quickplay looks nicer, but still the POS u say it is.. :P
But thank u all for trying to help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2009   #9
tk31

Windows 7 RC x64
 
 

Umm, yea, mine work too, but i cant tell, if i muted my volume or if they're unmuted as the mute button will normally change red under vista (im using a dv5 1134-tx HP laptop). This is necessary as i regularly use the laptop at libraries and it'd be kinda embarrassing and annoying if it blurted out the boot sounds.

I tried installing the Vista x64 drivers as it said it didnt matter, but they still dont work. Im not even sure i installed them, as no warnings for driver failure appear. W7(windows 7) doesnt even seem to know i installed a driver for the device =S.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2009   #10
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

@ tk31
Mines a dv5 1007tx, all my buttons work, and it still changes to orange when its muted or not, i had to dowload the drivers and it worked fine

Enzo.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HP QuickPlay buttons




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
quickplay won't work?
Hello, i own a hp dv2500, i really installed windows 7 and now my quickplay buttons wont work? they are lit up, but won't work? what do i need to download to fix this problem? is it a driver issue? thanks for the help guys jps
Hardware & Devices
quickplay
Hello, i own a hp dv2500, i really installed windows 7 and now my quickplay buttons wont work? they are lit up, but won't work? what do i need to download to fix this problem? is it a driver issue? thanks for the help guys jps
Drivers
Zune QuickPlay for Win7
Download Theme & Info http://i42.tinypic.com/219dki1.png
Themes and Styles
HP QuickPlay and built-in Webcam
I have an HP Pavilion tx1320us with a built-in webcam. Ever since I started using Windows 7 RC, I haven't been able to use my webcam to record video. I was able to do this with HP QuickPlay but that seems to have been removed in the upgrade to Win7. I can't figure out a way to recover the software...
Software
Where are the rip buttons
How do you rip music with media player 12? I can not locate the rip cd button anywhere.
Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App