Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: p45 chipset problem


14 Oct 2009   #1

Win 7 Home Premium X64
 
 
p45 chipset problem

I did a clean install of 7600 and when I got to install the chipset driver that I got straight from intel, it doesn't install. I have been trying to figure this out for the past 2 days now. I've searched here and googled so much that I've wore my google toolbar out if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I will click on setup to install and it goes though like its going to install and at the end it will say that it has successfully installed. So I will reboot and then I go to device manager, then system devices. It's not there. It doesn't show. I don't know what else to do. here is as of right now what my device manager looks like.



Attached Thumbnails
p45 chipset problem-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Oct 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

qwade

Did win 7 install a chipset driver for you? for chipset dont you have to be looking in computer for chipset?

What makes you thiink you need to upgrade your chipset?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #3

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
qwade

Did win 7 install a chipset driver for you? for chipset dont you have to be looking in computer for chipset?

What makes you thiink you need to upgrade your chipset?
Like Zigzag3141 has stated. From the looks of your device mngr snip everything looks fine. this is a list of the win 7 drivers avalible, I don't see where their is any fix or preformance gain from updating, that is to say if 7 hasn't already installed these drivers http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Mothe...4bit#anchor_os
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Oct 2009   #4

Win 7 Home Premium X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
qwade

Did win 7 install a chipset driver for you? for chipset dont you have to be looking in computer for chipset?

What makes you thiink you need to upgrade your chipset?
No! here is all the updates that i've got. Right now when I go to update it says everything is up to date.

Well, because as you see that in my device manager it doesn't even show the display adapter. When I go to change my screen res. all it shows is default monitor.


Attached Thumbnails
p45 chipset problem-updates.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #5

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by qwade29 View Post
I did a clean install of 7600 and when I got to install the chipset driver that I got straight from intel, it doesn't install. I have been trying to figure this out for the past 2 days now. I've searched here and googled so much that I've wore my google toolbar out if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I will click on setup to install and it goes though like its going to install and at the end it will say that it has successfully installed. So I will reboot and then I go to device manager, then system devices. It's not there. It doesn't show. I don't know what else to do. here is as of right now what my device manager looks like.

When you don't get activity with install of latest chipset, it means that it has installed over a version that had all updates. So the driver is installed.
Did you install latest Cats for your vid card?Is this the chipset version? INF_allOS_9.1.1.1020_PV.exe?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #6

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

If you know your monitors exact model # then you can go to the gateway site and try to download and install the monitor driver. The picture you posred is of microsoft OS updates. In your first post snip you have to show us the display expanded so we can see what adapter it is showing,which I think is VGA which means you need to find out what your display adapter is and download the driver and install it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #7

Win 7 Home Premium X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by qwade29 View Post
I did a clean install of 7600 and when I got to install the chipset driver that I got straight from intel, it doesn't install. I have been trying to figure this out for the past 2 days now. I've searched here and googled so much that I've wore my google toolbar out if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I will click on setup to install and it goes though like its going to install and at the end it will say that it has successfully installed. So I will reboot and then I go to device manager, then system devices. It's not there. It doesn't show. I don't know what else to do. here is as of right now what my device manager looks like.

When you don't get activity with install of latest chipset, it means that it has installed over a version that had all updates. So the driver is installed.
Did you install latest Cats for your vid card?Is this the chipset version? INF_allOS_9.1.1.1020_PV.exe?
That's another problem about my video card. I go to install, then restart and nothing. I go to device manager and there is no display adapter there so it doesn't see the vid card. I go to ati to get my drivers. I've got the latest 9.9.

About the chipset version, yes! that is the one that I've got installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #8

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Ok so your video card isn't being recognized by windows.This is a problem I have seen on this site a lot. The only thing I can suggest is to reset your CMOS, and or remove the video card then reinstall it( do this with the power off and the cable unplugged) Make sure if their is power needed to be supplied to the card it is plugged in. Then restart your system and see if Windows will recognize your card. If it does it should install a generic driver for it.If this happens then you can download the 9.9 catalyst driver to your desktop, go to device mngr, click on update driver, then select browse your computer and direct it to your desktop.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #9

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Are you running a dual boot?
It boots of xp without issues?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #10

Win 7 Home Premium X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
Are you running a dual boot?
It boots of xp without issues?
Yes, I am running dual boot. Boots xp no problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 p45 chipset problem




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33