Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How can I get bluetooth peripheral device driver for my laptop


10 Aug 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
How can I get bluetooth peripheral device driver for my laptop

I have Compaq Pressario CQ42 355Tu laptop having OS Windows 7 ultimate, 32 bit. whenever I want to connect my laptop with bluetooth enabled mobile, the pairing fails and there comes a message that I have no bluetooth peripheral device driver installed in my pc. So how to solve my problem?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Aug 2013   #2

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Hi there ... Are you looking for a Driver for your mobile . Or are you stating there is no Bluetooth Installed on your Laptop ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2013   #3
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Check for drivers here. But I wonder whether you even have BT capability on the laptop.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Aug 2013   #4

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amrik Mondal View Post
I have Compaq Pressario CQ42 355Tu laptop having OS Windows 7 ultimate, 32 bit. whenever I want to connect my laptop with bluetooth enabled mobile, the pairing fails and there comes a message that I have no bluetooth peripheral device driver installed in my pc. So how to solve my problem?

Hi Amrik Mondal,

Please let us know if the system came with pre installed Bluetooth card initially. You should try installing the Bluetooth drivers from the link mentioned by whs above.

Also, if the issue persists after installing the driver then post a screenshot of your device manager so we can check if all drivers are installed properly. For help in posting screenshot check this link below:

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also, let us know if you have a built in Bluetooth or using USB Bluetooth on the system. If it is USB one then check it on a different USB port as well.

If it was working fine prior and issue occurred due to any software updates then you can perform the system restore:

System Restore

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Hi Sandeep, I have downloaded all the necessary driver for my laptop from manufacturer's website. I also scanned my laptop for any missing device driver with hp diagnostics tool.Still I cannot connect my pc with any bluetooth enabled phones properly. An yellow exclamation mark occurs with my device image on laptop screen. After troubleshooting the device, message occures that there is no bluetooth peripheral device driver installed in my pc. I have given some screenshots here for assistance.


Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2013   #6

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amrik Mondal View Post
Hi Sandeep, I have downloaded all the necessary driver for my laptop from manufacturer's website. I also scanned my laptop for any missing device driver with hp diagnostics tool.Still I cannot connect my pc with any bluetooth enabled phones properly. An yellow exclamation mark occurs with my device image on laptop screen. After troubleshooting the device, message occures that there is no bluetooth peripheral device driver installed in my pc. I have given some screenshots here for assistance.
Hi Amrik Mondal,

Thanks for your reply. Please post a screenshot for the device manager of your system:

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Let us know the model number of your system and Bluetooth card installed on the system.

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2013   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Hi Sandeep, I have uploaded here the screenshot of my pc's device manager window. Here you will find that there is no simple communication controller driver (PCI) installed in my laptop. But once I had installed it in my pc which could not solve my problem. Waiting for your suggestion.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2013   #8

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amrik Mondal View Post
Hi Sandeep, I have uploaded here the screenshot of my pc's device manager window. Here you will find that there is no simple communication controller driver (PCI) installed in my laptop. But once I had installed it in my pc which could not solve my problem. Waiting for your suggestion.
Hi Amrik Mondal,

Thanks for providing this information. Please check this link below which might be compatible bluetooth driver for your system:

Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth Software and Driver - Compaq Presario CQ42-355TU Notebook PC | HP® Support

Please install it and let us know if it helps in resolving this issue. Also, let us know did bluetooth worked on your system earlier.

Also, if the issue persists then let us know the hardware id of the device:

Hardware Identification

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2013   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Hi Sandeep, at last the age old problem has been solved. I have installed the software from the link you provided and.......................... I just became speechless to see the result. It works. Thank you soooo much. Hope I will get your farther help whenever I need. I am grateful to you for your assistance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2013   #10

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amrik Mondal View Post
Hi Sandeep, at last the age old problem has been solved. I have installed the software from the link you provided and.......................... I just became speechless to see the result. It works. Thank you soooo much. Hope I will get your farther help whenever I need. I am grateful to you for your assistance.
Hi Amrik Mondal,

Thanks for your kind words. Its great to hear that issue with the system has been resolved to your satisfaction. If you have any queries in future feel free to contacts us.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How can I get bluetooth peripheral device driver for my laptop




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33