Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: PCI Simple Communications Controller is not installed

17 Aug 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SPI
 
 
PCI Simple Communications Controller is not installed

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1 it shows the explanation point in the yellow triangle but when I try and trouble shoot it says the drivers for the device are not installed. Windows says it cant find the drivers and to check with the manufacturer but I don't know what that means, are they talking about Intel, Wolfdale or what. This may not be clear but I am not computer literate and have been fussing with this for some time trying to make windows recognize my TD 1010 Tablet either with the usb cable or over wi fi

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Aug 2013   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

Try updating the Chipset Driver for your PC .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2013   #3

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joyce795 View Post
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1 it shows the explanation point in the yellow triangle but when I try and trouble shoot it says the drivers for the device are not installed. Windows says it cant find the drivers and to check with the manufacturer but I don't know what that means, are they talking about Intel, Wolfdale or what. This may not be clear but I am not computer literate and have been fussing with this for some time trying to make windows recognize my TD 1010 Tablet either with the usb cable or over wi fi
Hi Joyce795,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know the exact model number of your system. Also, right click on the device and select properties. Go to details and select hardware id and let us know the numbers written in the box so we can try and locate the drivers.

Also, let us know what happens when you connect the TAB through a USB port.

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Aug 2013   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SPI
 
 

If I turn on the tablet, load the camera program and then plug into the USB, I get a small window that allows me to load my pictures to the computer. However it has only one option which is to name the pictures, but since there is no way to stop it from loading all of the pictures every time, that is a bit redundant. The main problem is that when it is done loading it locks the computer forcing a reboot. Also the tablet does not appear in devices, I am not doing something correctly I expect, but these devices come with practically no directions. I updated my info as requested. Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2013   #5

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joyce795 View Post
If I turn on the tablet, load the camera program and then plug into the USB, I get a small window that allows me to load my pictures to the computer. However it has only one option which is to name the pictures, but since there is no way to stop it from loading all of the pictures every time, that is a bit redundant. The main problem is that when it is done loading it locks the computer forcing a reboot. Also the tablet does not appear in devices, I am not doing something correctly I expect, but these devices come with practically no directions. I updated my info as requested. Thank you.
Hi Joyce795,

Thanks for your reply. First of all let me know if query regarding driver for PCI simple communication device has been resolved and if yes then kindly share with us on how you managed to resolve the same.

I also see that you have issues connecting this Android ICS based tablet to the system. Once you connect this table with the USB cable do you get a message in notification tray that it is connected as USB storage.

It should give you 3 options 1.) USB storage 2.) Media 3.) Camera. Select USB storage and then turn on USB storage.


Then go to MY computer and you would be able to see your phone memory and memory card reader as drives and you should be able to transfer pictures.

Please check the same and let us know the results of the same. Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2013   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SPI
 
 

Hi SandeepP, I have not resolved the problem with the PCI. When I right click on PC under Devices it says PCI Simple Communications Controller doesn't have driver. Device function summary Manufacturer unknown. Location PCI bus 0 Device 3 function 0. The drivers for this device are not installed (code 28) Says to check update driver but window for update is greyed out. According to Speccy my driver version for Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset is memory type 2 Driver Version 8.15.10.2202. I tried to find driver updates on line but everything came with so many threats and warnings they scared me off. After I connect the tablet with usb cable the PC puts up an import pictures and videos window, it does not recognize the tablet as anything but a camera, I can now download pictures from the tablet but nothing else, I thought that it should be possible to download files etc from the computer to the tablet etc. I will understand if you have to give up on me, it would be really nice if equipment were to come with some directions. Thank you so much.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2013   #7

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi Joyce795, Go here for the chipset driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...*&DownloadType= let us know how you get on
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2013   #8

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joyce795 View Post
Hi SandeepP, I have not resolved the problem with the PCI. When I right click on PC under Devices it says PCI Simple Communications Controller doesn't have driver. Device function summary Manufacturer unknown. Location PCI bus 0 Device 3 function 0. The drivers for this device are not installed (code 28) Says to check update driver but window for update is greyed out. According to Speccy my driver version for Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset is memory type 2 Driver Version 8.15.10.2202. I tried to find driver updates on line but everything came with so many threats and warnings they scared me off. After I connect the tablet with usb cable the PC puts up an import pictures and videos window, it does not recognize the tablet as anything but a camera, I can now download pictures from the tablet but nothing else, I thought that it should be possible to download files etc from the computer to the tablet etc. I will understand if you have to give up on me, it would be really nice if equipment were to come with some directions. Thank you so much.
Hi Joyce795,

Please download the drivers suggested by pebbly and let us know how it goes. Also, if the issue persists right click on PCI simple communication device. Then select properties. On the new page click on details.

There you can select Hardware Device id and then provide us with the numbers written in box below. If you face any issues then please post a screenshot explaining details of the issue. Check this for posting the screenshot:

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also, most of the Android devices once connected to the system would given you option on how you want it to interact with the system.

Please connect this tab to a different system and let me know the results. Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2013   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SPI
 
 

Thanks pebbly, I have downloaded the drivers you suggested which seem to have helped windows 7 to recognize the tablet, when it is plugged in with the usb it shows the PCI and I can make it safe to remove the TD 1010 etc. However the troubleshooter on the computer still does not recognize the PCI and shows the error mark. As far as the tablet goes it appears I have usb mass storage, and camera. I still have not figured out how to download particular files. The computer system does not show a PCI communications device when I search so I was unable to select properties and details. I appreciate all the time everyone has spent trying to help me.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2013   #10

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

The PCI Simple Comm Device (PCI-SCD) has nothing to do with USB devices. PCI-SCD is used by Intel Management Engine Interface or AMT for short. This is special hardware built into all recent Intel chipsets that allows remote control of your PC. (Total control, I might add.) This is separate from Remote Diagnostics offered by many OEMs. If your PC is not part of a business network, it's not required and it's better to disable the device and remove the drivers. It consumes resources even if not used. The warning will still be displayed in Device Manager but it is of no concern.

As far as your USB connected tablet, it appears to show as a removable drive and should be accessible through Windows Explorer. Does that show any files located on the tablet?


Added: I should mention that if you disable PCI-SCD, you should go to the Windows Update link and "Hide" the Intel Management Engine drivers or they will attempt to install on updates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 PCI Simple Communications Controller is not installed




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33