Yes your quite right IntelliType IS !
the universal driver for this keyboard and recommended. They stopped making and giving people this driver in a cd as it was giving people BSOD. So basically they made a keyboard & Mouse set and sold you half. Method 1 :
1. Please can you confirm you got the IntelliType from microsoft?
If you didn't uninstall the one you have and choose the one of the links I have given below. If you have then move to the next step.
For Windows 7 32Bit
install this: Windows 7 32Bit IntelliType
For Windows 7 64Bit
install this: Windows 7 64Bit IntelliType
2. Whether you have installed the IntelliType I
Have given or You
had yourself and your still getting no volume follow step 3.
3. Open Run or Windows Key+R
4. Type services.msc then press enter
5. Go to human interface device access and double click it. Now where it says STARTUP TYPE
Set it to automatic.
6. IMPORTANT BIT :
Make sure your press START
7. Apply and ok.
8. Restart and try in app like WMP
If all else fails: Method 2 :
Uninstall IntelliType and install this :
Its the MS-Industrials KB 700 series Driver MS-Industrials KB 700 series Driver You can also find it attached to this post