Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Cannot install audio drivers in any way

18 Oct 2013   #1

windows 7
 
 
Cannot install audio drivers in any way

Hello, I have just yesterday upgraded from windows xp to win 7 on my pentium 4. I am very satisfied with the end result, because my computer runs much more smoothly with this new os. The only problem is, my audio drivers can't seem to install. I have tried them all, like windows troubleshooting, searching manually for another driver, etc. It just won't work. When I am in the device manager and windows starts searching for the proper driver, it always finds the right one but ultimately ends up saying "High definition audio has a driver problem". So, please don't suggest me the easy, conventional solutions because I tried them already. I read somewhere that I could do a system restore, but won't I then lose all windows 7 updates that I just got yesterday in my upgrade?

Thank you so much, Marco.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Oct 2013   #2

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi wilco92, Welcome to the forums , If you would be so kind and tell us which sound card you have in your PC we may be able to help you further
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #3

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (SP1)
 
 

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wilco92
So, please don't suggest me the easy, conventional solutions because I tried them already.
Please list the easy, conventional methods you've tried to save us guessing what they are and telling you to do what you've already done.

Also please fill in your system specs to save us guessing at those as well, then we will have some idea of what to look for. But, as Windows 7 is driver complete, I'm guessing that there may be no supported driver for your hardware. But when you've given us the relevant information we'll see.

EDIT: Pebbly beat me to it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Oct 2013   #4

windows 7
 
 

Hi pebbly and thank you for your help, but I don't seem to be able to determine what sound card I have. When go to control panel, in the sounds section it just says no audio installed or something. Is there any other way to determing what is my sound card without opening my computer case? thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #5

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wilco92
So, please don't suggest me the easy, conventional solutions because I tried them already.
Please list the easy, conventional methods you've tried to save us guessing what they are and telling you to do what you've already done.

Also please fill in your system specs to save us guessing at those as well, then we will have some idea of what to look for. But, as Windows 7 is driver complete, I'm guessing that there may be no supported driver for your hardware. But when you've given us the relevant information we'll see.

EDIT: Pebbly beat me to it.
Like troubleshooting and searching manually for a driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #6

windows 7
 
 

i have also run everest and it's not able to determine my sound card either, it doesn't say anything about it. Any ideas?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #7

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wilco92 View Post
i have also run everest and it's not able to determine my sound card either, it doesn't say anything about it. Any ideas?
Hi wilco92, Could you please tell us the make and model of your pc this will help us to search for the sound card you have
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2013   #8

windows 7
 
 

i just wanted to notify the internet community that my work around was to buy a usb sound card for a few pennies....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2013   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Get your WinXP driver installer and change its compatiblity setings to Windows xp sp2 and install it. This is what i did to install SoundMAX Audio driver on old intel motherboard with intel P4. Download your audio driver specifying the motherboard model.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2013   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

If you have intel motherboard with P4. Press F2 during boot and select additional details to find the model and serial no. of the motherboard you are having. Then download XP Audio driver specifying the Motherboard model Number. Right click properties and change compatiblity to "Windows 7 Sevice Pack 2". Then your sound card should work perfectly.(You wont find Windows 7 drivers for P4 motherboards. If it says so, then it is Fake.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Cannot install audio drivers in any way





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33