Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 32 Bit Monitor Driver on 64 bit machine


13 May 2014   #31

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Surely if there are 64 bit drivers for that exact monitor then it's compatible with 64 bit systems.
One would assume? I invite you to look further into the links you've posted in effort to help with this frustrating issue. None of them support Win 7 or beyond. Yes, I've seen the 64 bit Xp versions listed, which made me think the .ini could be modified for use on a 64 bit Win 7.

Have I mentioned that it works flawlessly on Win 7, 32 bit? The driver installs without any issues, and appears in the Device Manager.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 May 2014   #32

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xsynfulx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
That said, try this to see if the drivers will install....

Unzip the contents of the driver package…
  • Go to device manager and right click on your monitor…
  • Click Update Driver Software
  • Choose browse my computer and locate the folder where you extracted the files
  • Click next and those drivers should install. You’ll know if the device manager lists your monitor.
Speaking of device manager… have you checked it to see ifyour monitor is actually listed there already? If so, the drivers are installed.

You’ve also not answered the question as to updating yourvideo card drivers???

We are trying to help but you keep dismissing what were telling you.
I have done all these steps before posting into this forum.

I've done that. I've followed the steps suggested by the OEM and re-stated by sygnus. I'll do it again simply to entertain the masses.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xsynfulx View Post
If I am unable to find anyone willing to point me in the right direction, (driver scripting) I'll simply find another forum, take a class, and read up on it.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xsynfulx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Surely if there are 64 bit drivers for that exact monitor then it's compatible with 64 bit systems.
One would assume? I invite you to look further into the links you've posted in effort to help with this frustrating issue. None of them support Win 7 or beyond. Yes, I've seen the 64 bit Xp versions listed, which made me think the .ini could be modified for use on a 64 bit Win 7.

Have I mentioned that it works flawlessly on Win 7, 32 bit? The driver installs without any issues, and appears in the Device Manager.
How are we supposed to know what you tried and didn't try unless you tell us off the bat? Also how are we supposed to know your level of experience when we don't know you without asking questions?

We tried to help and you snap back as we're if we're being silly. Great way to ingratiate yourself here

Oh BTW...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xsynfulx View Post
Back to the original question. Does anyone know enough about driver scripting to re-write a 32 bit monitor driverfor use in a 64 bit system?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
As to you question, for me, no.
I'm Out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2014   #33

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
How are we supposed to know what you tried and didn't try unless you tell us off the bat? Also how are we supposed to know your level of experience when we don't know you without asking questions?

We tried to help and you snap back as we're if we're being silly. Great way to ingratiate yourself here

Oh BTW...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xsynfulx View Post
Back to the original question. Does anyone know enough about driver scripting to re-write a 32 bit monitor driverfor use in a 64 bit system?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
As to you question, for me, no.
I'm Out.
That's fair?

But, rather than the back and forth about all the troubleshooting steps I've used to arrive at said conclusion, after I said in the second sentence of post #1. "I have an advanced knowledge of computers", you could have said that in post #2.
You could have simply said. "I don't know anything about driver scripting." ... But why even post at all, then? Troll.

If that's the M.O. of this forum, I'd rather not integrate at all!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 May 2014   #34

Dual Boot: Windows 7 Pro & Server 2012r2 VMs: Kali Linux, Backbox, Matriux, Windows 8.1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xsynfulx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
How are we supposed to know what you tried and didn't try unless you tell us off the bat? Also how are we supposed to know your level of experience when we don't know you without asking questions?

We tried to help and you snap back as we're if we're being silly. Great way to ingratiate yourself here

Oh BTW...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xsynfulx View Post
Back to the original question. Does anyone know enough about driver scripting to re-write a 32 bit monitor driverfor use in a 64 bit system?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
As to you question, for me, no.
I'm Out.
That's fair?

But, rather than the back and forth about all the troubleshooting steps I've used to arrive at said conclusion, you could have said that in post #2, right after post #1 in where I ask if anyone in the forum knows about driver scripting.

You could have simply said. "I don't know anything about driver scripting." ... But why even post at all, then? Troll.

If that's the M.O. of this forum, I'd rather not integrate at all!
Well, after calling a member that tried to help you a troll, I doubt its your choice to stay here or not.

Just because you ask about scripting and whatnot doesn't actually mean you know what you're talking about. We get a ton of people who read stuff on google and come here to repeat it, when they simply don't understand what they are reading.

If you knew you needed a script, coming to a Windows 7 troubleshooting forum was your first problem. I'd assume if you had as much knowledge as you say you have, you would have figured this out by now and/or found the correct place to get that information.

You're probably better off not coming back to this thread because I highly doubt anyone will give you any real help after this long thread of resistance. Good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 32 Bit Monitor Driver on 64 bit machine




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33