Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Phone driver issue

10 Jun 2014   #1
squat251

Windows Seven Ultimate x64
 
 
Phone driver issue

Okay, this is an odd one, my computer and my phone have historically always played nice, I did all the jail-breaking and such on this laptop, no problems, I transferred files and again nothing wrong. Then one day my computer will not recognize my phone, it shows up in device manager with a yellow triangle and just says "Android Phone" I've uninstalled the HTC drivers, reinstalled, done an sfc scan, sometimes I can temporarily get it to work by hand picking the driver, but today even that's not working. I'm at a loss. I know it's not the phone since all the other computers connect to it just fine, but I would like to still be able to connect with this PC. Also, the messages don't change if I use a different cord, or if I turn USB debugging on/off, use different USB ports, or any of that.

When I plug it in, it says installing device driver, but then that fails.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Jun 2014   #2
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

Try PdaNet+ and FoxFI for best drivers and Android support for PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2014   #3
squat251

Windows Seven Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Try PdaNet+ and FoxFI for best drivers and Android support for PC.
That would be helpful if I needed to tether an non-rooted phone. My phone tethers just fine, it's not internet I'm having trouble connecting with, it's the files on my phone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jun 2014   #4
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squat251 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Try PdaNet+ and FoxFI for best drivers and Android support for PC.
That would be helpful if I needed to tether an non-rooted phone. My phone tethers just fine, it's not internet I'm having trouble connecting with, it's the files on my phone.
The product includes driver support for the phone to show up in Windows Explorer (uniquely for both internal storage as well as external SD card storage).

So having nothing to do with WiFi or USB tether or whatever, simply to be able to get to the phone from the PC for drag/drop and straightforward Explorer access, this is also what's provided.

I had originally tried out the Kies software from Samsung, but uninstalled it as far too "intrusive" and "for dummies". I just wanted to be able to get to the phone from Windows. And then I learned about Sprint's $20/month to activate WiFi hotspot from the G4, something which is free from PdaNet+ and FoxFI (along with USB tether capability as well).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2014   #5
squat251

Windows Seven Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squat251 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Try PdaNet+ and FoxFI for best drivers and Android support for PC.
That would be helpful if I needed to tether an non-rooted phone. My phone tethers just fine, it's not internet I'm having trouble connecting with, it's the files on my phone.
The product includes driver support for the phone to show up in Windows Explorer (uniquely for both internal storage as well as external SD card storage).

So having nothing to do with WiFi or USB tether or whatever, simply to be able to get to the phone from the PC for drag/drop and straightforward Explorer access, this is also what's provided.

I had originally tried out the Kies software from Samsung, but uninstalled it as far too "intrusive" and "for dummies". I just wanted to be able to get to the phone from Windows. And then I learned about Sprint's $20/month to activate WiFi hotspot from the G4, something which is free from PdaNet+ and FoxFI (along with USB tether capability as well).
For giggles (I already have free tether) I tried it, installer fails because it can't handshake with phone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Phone driver issue




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Acer Windows 7 Wifi Conflicting Issue between itself and phone!
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'd really be most grateful to get a solution to my issue. Ok I have a Acer Aspire 5250 with Windows 7 Ultimate. It has been running just fine for a while now but after about 16 hours ago, Ive been having issues connecting to the internet. Everything was fine until...
Network & Sharing
phone driver
i need Sony Ericsson phone driver which can work on win 7 64bit i buy new laptop and i want to excess my internet through my mobile but i cannot connect it because of windows 7 . so please help me my phone is sony ericsson w300 thanks
Drivers
driver issue
The other day I had to re-install my XP OS. For some reason, the CD my drivers came with didn't like the audio driver for some reason. Every other time I used this CD before, it always worked. I am getting an error of "Intel audio doesn't support the board listed. I went to the intel site to...
Drivers
Accused Phone Thief Snared After Phone Sends Pic to Vic
...EPIC FAIL Read more here
Chillout Room
8800GT Driver issue? Or maybe its a bios issue.
Hi all. I'm not sure where to start with this issue, it's bit spread out but it all started while I was gaming and the game froze and then the computer crashed. The freezing happened every once in a while, but the crashing had never happened. During the restart I see...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App