Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Driver for MTP USB failed error 31

10 Jun 2014   #1
funnyman850

64bit windows 7
 
 
Driver for MTP USB failed error 31

So i plugged in my Canon T3i to my computer and it said it failed to install the driver for the MTP. It works on my other computer though also windows 7 that is 32 bit but my computer is 64 bit.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Jun 2014   #2
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by funnyman850 View Post
So i plugged in my Canon T3i to my computer and it said it failed to install the driver for the MTP. It works on my other computer though also windows 7 that is 32 bit but my computer is 64 bit.
try this.

The Wudfusbcciddriver.dll had to be manually copy/paste into the folder:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF,

Take it from the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wudfusbcciddriver.inf_amd64_neutral_5cbd2ae76abeb770

as it ain't install itself if there's no USB-ICCD-compliant smart card device or SD Cards plug onto an Usb Port.

Reboot for the dll to register.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2014   #3
funnyman850

64bit windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by funnyman850 View Post
So i plugged in my Canon T3i to my computer and it said it failed to install the driver for the MTP. It works on my other computer though also windows 7 that is 32 bit but my computer is 64 bit.
try this.

The Wudfusbcciddriver.dll had to be manually copy/paste into the folder:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF,

Take it from the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wudfusbcciddriver.inf_amd64_neutral_5cbd2ae76abeb770

as it ain't install itself if there's no USB-ICCD-compliant smart card device or SD Cards plug onto an Usb Port.

Reboot for the dll to register.
Not there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jun 2014   #4
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

It should be there if you have install with Windows Update the today "Patch Tuesday" Kb2800095
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2014   #5
funnyman850

64bit windows 7
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2014   #6
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by funnyman850 View Post
On the two screen shots, those are the drivers and most common .dll you should have to load your camera with MTP.

1st capture With only .dll refer to the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF

2nd capture is in the Device Manager.


Attached Thumbnails
-capture.png   -capture2.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2014   #7
funnyman850

64bit windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by funnyman850 View Post
On the two screen shots, those are the drivers and most common .dll you should have to load your camera with MTP.

1st capture With only .dll refer to the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF

2nd capture is in the Device Manager.
alright so i found it put it in and rebooted and it did not work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2014   #8
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by funnyman850 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by funnyman850 View Post
On the two screen shots, those are the drivers and most common .dll you should have to load your camera with MTP.

1st capture With only .dll refer to the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF

2nd capture is in the Device Manager.
alright so i found it put it in and rebooted and it did not work.
Does your camera have a setting to plug either USB Mass Storage or MTP Connection? If so choose the one appropriate for your needs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2014   #9
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Try to run a command from an Elevated Command Prompt to register the .dll and if its help.
Click on the Start, type cmd then right click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator.

Run it one by one:

Code:
regsvr32.exe /s C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF\WUDFUsbccidDriver.dll
regsvr32.exe /s C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF\WpdMtpDr.dll
regsvr32.exe /s C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF\WpdFs.dll.
Check also if the drivers are well in place the System32\drivers folder
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2014   #10
funnyman850

64bit windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Try to run a command from an Elevated Command Prompt to register the .dll and if its help.
Click on the Start, type cmd then right click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator.

Run it one by one:

Code:
regsvr32.exe /s C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF\WUDFUsbccidDriver.dll
regsvr32.exe /s C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF\WpdMtpDr.dll
regsvr32.exe /s C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF\WpdFs.dll.
Check also if the drivers are well in place the System32\drivers folder
That also did not work and my camera does not have a setting for it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Driver for MTP USB failed error 31




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device... error
Hi, Since the 11/18/2012 event viewer (Event ID 219, Task Category 212) has been posting a warning: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN (followed by name of USB device) It only occurs on start up if I...
Drivers
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device error
Hi i have a couple of weeks ago installed windows and i just got bsod crash and this was the only error in the event viewer The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC&PROD_USB_CF_READER&REV_1. ...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7: Driver for MTP USB failed error 31 for Iphone & Kindle
Just in the last week I can no longer view my Iphone 4 or my Kindle threw my computer in Windows 7 32 bit Professional. I have been a computer technician for 19 years and have tried everything I can find in Microsoft, Apple and Amazon. Amazon phone support could not even fix it. I receive the MTP...
Drivers
Windows Updates Failed BITS failed to start error code 2147024894
anybody have any ideas? have tried sfc /scannow also the steps in this http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/113399-windows-update-error-80246008-windows-7-fix.html but to no avail, i still receive the error message i have also used take ownership on the downloader file in...
Windows Updates & Activation
BSOD while gaming, error *attempt to reset display driver failed*
I keep getting BSOD during gaming, especially while playing games like DMC devil may cry, hitman absolution. Everytime I get the same bsod message "attempt to reset display driver failed". I have done clean reinstalling the gpu driver but that didn't solve the problem. I am suspecting that this is...
BSOD Help and Support
Repeated 'Graphics driver has failed and has recovered' error
I attached the file asked for and here are my system specs listed below: Prebuilt Gateway PC - FX6860 OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 Card: AMD Radeon HD 7770 2GB 12GB RAM I'll try to describe what's happening as best I can. I've run into multiple issues...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App