Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: netgear wg111v2


29 Oct 2009   #1

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
netgear wg111v2

I installed the driver for "WG111v2 Version 3.4.0".
It installed fine and the device manager shows "this device is working properly"

I am using Windows 7 pro x64.
No errors on device manager but it cannot detect a single network....




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Oct 2009   #2

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Can you run Net Stumbler and find any?

Is that device compatible with Net Stumbler once it's running?

Check that your router's radio is on and SSID is set to broadcast, unless you specifically disabled SSID and know how to deal with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2009   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by microboy View Post
I installed the driver for "WG111v2 Version 3.4.0".
It installed fine and the device manager shows "this device is working properly"

I am using Windows 7 pro x64.
No errors on device manager but it cannot detect a single network....

I do not see Windows 7 support for that driver. Theres a chance your up ****s creek and might need to purchase a new adapter, if NetGear doesn't plan on updating that driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Oct 2009   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Can you run Net Stumbler and find any?

Is that device compatible with Net Stumbler once it's running?

Check that your router's radio is on and SSID is set to broadcast, unless you specifically disabled SSID and know how to deal with it.
net stumbler shows that I got no wireless adapter....
But device manager shows that the device is ok....



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberwolf View Post
I do not see Windows 7 support for that driver. Theres a chance your up ****s creek and might need to purchase a new adapter, if NetGear doesn't plan on updating that driver.
any USB adapter that works on Windows 7 to recommend?

Thanks torrentg and Cyberwolf... Been asking on many forums and made no improvements. Some don't even bother to answer....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2009   #5

7600.20510 x86
 
 

In Net Stumbler, click on device. Does it have any choices at all?

Show me a screenshot of your device manager, showing network adapters.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2009   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
In Net Stumbler, click on device. Does it have any choices at all?

Show me a screenshot of your device manager, showing network adapters.
in net stumbler, it shows that the device is not supported...



here is the device manager...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2009   #7

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Looks good to me. Seems like the adapter is working properly.

Are you sure your wireless radio is on for your router? Check the config page.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2009   #8

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Looks good to me. Seems like the adapter is working properly.

Are you sure your wireless radio is on for your router? Check the config page.
where is the config page???
the lights are on and the program will keep searching but it will not find any network...

I remembered during the days with winxp. the lights on the wg111 will keep blinking but not the lights is "always on" mode....

My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2009   #9

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Refer to your router manual. It will tell you everything you need to know and how to find radio on and off setting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2009   #10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Refer to your router manual. It will tell you everything you need to know and how to find radio on and off setting.
oh you mean the router? its on... my brother is able to connect using his laptop...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 netgear wg111v2




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: netgear wg111v2
Thread Forum
Solved Netgear WG111v2 works WG111v3 doesn't Network & Sharing
NETGEAR WG111v2 problem Network & Sharing
Easy Solution Netgear WG111v2 Driver Problem Window 7 Drivers
Netgear WG111v2 beta driver Drivers
netgear wg111v2 with 7 Drivers
Netgear WG111v2 now Working ! Drivers
Netgear WG111v2 beta driver needed Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33