Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Dell 922 (All In One) not compatible with Win 7, help!

04 Nov 2009   #1
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 
Dell 922 (All In One) not compatible with Win 7, help!

Dell says that there are no supported drivers or scanning software for my printer. Can I use a third party drivers and third party scanning software? My Win XP installation disk won't properly install on Win 7. Thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Nov 2009   #2
badcat

Windows Seven
 
 

You might try the Vista drivers for your printer. Most Vista drivers should work in 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2009   #3
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

If you're running the 32 bit version of Windows 7, try the Vista drivers, available from support.dell.com.

Drivers & Downloads

You may have to use some work-arounds to get them toinstall on Win7, but I expect that they'll work.

There are also drivers on Windows Update that claim to support Win7.

Microsoft Update Catalog

(Search on "Dell 922".)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Nov 2009   #4
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
If you're running the 32 bit version of Windows 7, try the Vista drivers, available from support.dell.com.

Drivers & Downloads

You may have to use some work-arounds to get them toinstall on Win7, but I expect that they'll work.

There are also drivers on Windows Update that claim to support Win7.

Microsoft Update Catalog

(Search on "Dell 922".)
Thanks for the tip. I found a compatible driver here. However, I still am looking for some software to use for scanning. The Dell CD had the Dell All In One center, but that doesn't seem to work in Win 7.

Anyone have any third party scanning software that would work with my Dell AIO 922?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2009   #5
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nabilalk View Post
Thanks for the tip. I found a compatible driver here. However, I still am looking for some software to use for scanning. The Dell CD had the Dell All In One center, but that doesn't seem to work in Win 7.

Anyone have any third party scanning software that would work with my Dell AIO 922?
VueScan:

VueScan Scanning Software

It's available as a free trial.

Doesn't the Dell package for Vista work under Win7?

Drivers and Downloads
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2009   #6
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nabilalk View Post
Thanks for the tip. I found a compatible driver here. However, I still am looking for some software to use for scanning. The Dell CD had the Dell All In One center, but that doesn't seem to work in Win 7.

Anyone have any third party scanning software that would work with my Dell AIO 922?
VueScan:

VueScan Scanning Software

It's available as a free trial.

Doesn't the Dell package for Vista work under Win7?

Drivers and Downloads
The printer driver works, but not the scanning TWAIN driver nor the Dell All In One center. I will try VueScan, thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #7
Peregrine

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

The Dell 922 driver works fine on two of our system. There are two downloads available from the Dell site. One includes the driver and software, R151371.exe. This is the one you want. The trick with installing this printer is you have to execute the file first and then connect the printer when it tells you. Don't start by connecting the printer first and letting Windows find the drivers.

Since you already have the printer installed you need to uninstall it first. The best way is to run the patch from the same Dell driver download site. The file is R166239. Run this file, reboot, then run the R151371 file to install the printer.

I have two of these printers attached to two different computers and they both print and scan fine. On the one computer we did an upgrade installation from Vista and it didn't work at all after the upgrade. Running the patch and re-installing did the trick.

Good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #8
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
The Dell 922 driver works fine on two of our system. There are two downloads available from the Dell site. One includes the driver and software, R151371.exe. This is the one you want. The trick with installing this printer is you have to execute the file first and then connect the printer when it tells you. Don't start by connecting the printer first and letting Windows find the drivers.

Since you already have the printer installed you need to uninstall it first. The best way is to run the patch from the same Dell driver download site. The file is R166239. Run this file, reboot, then run the R151371 file to install the printer.

I have two of these printers attached to two different computers and they both print and scan fine. On the one computer we did an upgrade installation from Vista and it didn't work at all after the upgrade. Running the patch and re-installing did the trick.

Good luck.
Thank you for sharing your experience with the printer. Were you able to get the Dell All-In-One center to work as well? Also, would you mind posting links to the files you are referencing? Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #9
Peregrine

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Yes, the all in one center works just fine. I've done several scans with it to pdf's and jpg's.

The driver is for Vista and you can find the driver and the patch/removal tool here:

Drivers & Downloads

Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #10
nabilalk

Win 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Yes, the all in one center works just fine. I've done several scans with it to pdf's and jpg's.

The driver is for Vista and you can find the driver and the patch/removal tool here:

Drivers & Downloads

Cheers.
There are 3 files listed. Which two did you use? Also, I have a 64 bit version of Win 7 Pro. Are you also using 64 bit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Dell 922 (All In One) not compatible with Win 7, help!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dell Photo 926 and Windows 7 32-Bit -- Compatible?
Sorry .. I posted this also under Hardware and Devices .. not sure what category it fits best under... I recently performed a clean install of Windows 7 32-Bit and noticed when I installed my Dell Photo 926 printer software / drivers, that an error message came up during the install stating...
Drivers
Dell Data restore windows seven home premium Dell inspiron n5110?
Friends, I have dell inspiron n5110. It had geniune windows 7 home premium. There was dell data restore option in F8 boot menu option to restore my windows. a week ago i installed new windows 7. i didnt deleted recovery partition on my computer but there in no more option of dell data restore...
Backup and Restore
AMD Phenom II x4 940 compatible with Dell Zino 410?
Is the Phenom II x4 940 compatible with the Dell Zino 410 computer? Thanks
Hardware & Devices
is GTS 450 compatible with Dell Optiplex 780
just as the title says . i just want to know if nvidia geforce gts 450 is compatible w/ my dell optiplex 780 here are the specifications of my desktop. MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz 2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz Manufacturer Kingston
Graphic Cards
Is Dell dimension E520 compatible with ATI RADEON HD 4350 graphics crd
Any information would be much appreciated ;)
Graphic Cards
Need Compatible Graphics Card for New Dell
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what kind of Graphics Card I could get for my new Dell computer... I didn't realize when I got it (A week ago) but the graphics card pretty much sucks. The windows rating for my display and gaming are 1.0-- The lowest! So, I figure I may as...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:10.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App