|11 Nov 2009||#1|
Windows 7 won't find device:Huawei EC168
I just tried to install my wireless internet card on Windows 7 (Alltell Huawei EC168) Windows saw the device as a USB memory stick & installed the software from the device for the wireless internet card but after software installation is not finding the device (USB modem). Windows just sits there & says "searching for device", doesn't even give the message device not recognized. What can I do?
|My System Specs|
|22 Jan 2010||#3|
I'd break this down for you better but I didn't do this on my own system and am typing this from memory.
1. Plug the card in, it should see the Huawei EC168 as a drive and let you install the software (make a note of where the software was installed). Get to the point in the install where is wants you to plug in the device and kill the install.
2. Go to the Device Manager on your PC. Remove the USB Mass Storage Device and under Drives remove the Huawei EC168.
3. Keeping the Device Manger open, unplug and reinsert the Huawei EC168. A bunch of Data Devices should show up.
4. Right-click on the first Data device and Update Driver. Point your system to look at the Driver folder where you installed the software in step 1.
5. Double-click the Access Icon on your desktop and let it finish the install.
Reboot your computer
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 won't find device:Huawei EC168|
|Experts Only! Windows Cant Find Bluetooth Device!! Expert Help Needed!||Hardware & Devices|
|Windows can't find and install device||Hardware & Devices|
|Windows 7 RC - Cannot find CD/DVD device driver?||Installation & Setup|
|Drivers for Huawei E220 + windows 7||Drivers|
|Huawei E220 driver/firmware foe Windows 7||Drivers|
|Huawei e156g + Windows 7||Drivers|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.