If the issue persists, then the MTP drivers
might be corrupted and need to be refreshed, please try these steps.
STEP 1 - Connect the Sansa player to the PC
Plug the device in the back USB port of the computer as this supplies more power. We would need to check the presence of the device on "Device Manager".
NOTE: It is recommended that the USB ports in the back of the computer be used to ensure that there is enough power from the USB port for the player to be detected properly.
STEP 2 - Check under Device Manager
1. Right-click My Computer, and select Manage.
2. Click Device Manager on the left pane.
NOTE: The Sansa player will show up on Device Manager's right pane as:
1. USB Mass Storage device (if the player is set to MSC)
2. Portable Device (if the player is set to MTP mode.)
If there is a yellow exclamation point (!) or question mark (?) beside the device, try to refresh the drivers.
Note: - The "!" might indicate that your device is not receiving enough power or a driver
- The "?" might signify that your device has been assigned the wrong drivers or has been encountering some driver conflict.
STEP 3 - Refresh the drivers
1. Right-click the entry with the error mark, select Uninstall.
2. On the top menu, click Action then select Scan for hardware changes.