|20 Jan 2010||#2|
| || |
I see this is a VERY old post, but still no replies?!?!?!
I have the same problem...
The camera used to work, but now, even if I use Windows Update for the driver, I still only get a blank screen although windows tells me the Camera is installed and working???
|My System Specs|
|06 Jan 2011||#3|
| || |
This is how I got the VideoCam Messenger to work on a computer running Windows 7 (32-bit):
VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!: DO NOT restart your computer at any point until the very end of these steps.
1. Plug in the webcam.
2. Windows will install their weird Sonix driver from 1994 automatically.
3. The most crucial part: Click "Devices" in the Windows Control Panel. Click on the USB Camera (whatever the webcam is called)... then you need to go to the "Properties" until you can UNINSTALL the driver that Windows automatically installed. I think you have to click Properties twice to be able to get to a place where it lets you uninstall the driver.
4. DO NOT restart.
5. Download this: ** REMOVED ** (Incase the link is broken, this is directly from the GeniusNet website and it's called "VideoCAM Messenger Driver for Win 7 / vista 32 bit")
6. Install this completely, but DO NOT restart. (Also, make sure you click "Install this anyway" when it asks you about being an unsigned driver.)
7. After you do that and you DO NOT restart, it will automatically come up with a screen that shows Windows installing the driver, but this time it's installing the actual driver from the software you downloaded in step 4.
You may now restart your computer if you want.
If you do these steps correctly, I guarantee you will have your VideoCam Messenger webcam working.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Genius VideoCAM Messenger help!!|
|Driver for Genius Webcam VideoCam GF112 driver for windows 7||Drivers|
|Win Live Messenger 2011 Superior to Messenger 2009 –Worm Protection||News|
|genius web cam||Hardware & Devices|
|genius dvb-d02||Hardware & Devices|
|PHILIPS Messenger Phone & Live Messenger issue.||Hardware & Devices|
|Genius Keyboard and Win 7||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.