Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Touchpad not working on vaio VGN-NR310E

06 Dec 2009   #1
Jiminyv

Windows 7
 
 
Touchpad not working on vaio VGN-NR310E

Hello

i recently installed windows 7 ultimate 64-bit on my laptop and my mousepad does not work. i have researched this site and read other threads of similar problems, and have tried the new ALPS driver for windows 7, but when i try and run the setup it tells me that it cannot run on my OS. Im using a usb mouse right now.

Model is VGN-NR310E

Thank You


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Dec 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jiminyv View Post
Hello

i recently installed windows 7 ultimate 64-bit on my laptop and my mousepad does not work. i have researched this site and read other threads of similar problems, and have tried the new ALPS driver for windows 7, but when i try and run the setup it tells me that it cannot run on my OS. Im using a usb mouse right now.

Model is VGN-NR310E

Thank You
Hi and welcome

You can run their vista driver if you install it in compatibility mode. download the correct one and right clcik the installer. go to properties>compatibily and check vista

they are here Sony eSupport - VGN-NR310E - Software Updates & Drivers

Hope this helps

ken J+
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2009   #3
Jiminyv

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jiminyv View Post
Hello

i recently installed windows 7 ultimate 64-bit on my laptop and my mousepad does not work. i have researched this site and read other threads of similar problems, and have tried the new ALPS driver for windows 7, but when i try and run the setup it tells me that it cannot run on my OS. Im using a usb mouse right now.

Model is VGN-NR310E

Thank You
Hi and welcome

You can run their vista driver if you install it in compatibility mode. download the correct one and right clcik the installer. go to properties>compatibily and check vista

they are here Sony eSupport - VGN-NR310E - Software Updates & Drivers

Hope this helps

ken J+

Thanks for the reply, i tried what you said, even with all 3 vista options in the compatibility mode menu, and it still gives me a pop up that says, "You have to run the 64-bit version of DPinst.exe on this machine.


is there any other options?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Dec 2009   #4
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

From what I could read about this driver the one you need is in the post below.

Which is included in this Vaio Windows 7 clean install guide. Windows 7 64-bit clean install guide in FZ-190E

Direct link to the driver below.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/VAIO/ORI...02.505.201.ZIP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2009   #5
Jiminyv

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
From what I could read about this driver the one you need is in the post below.

Which is included in this Vaio Windows 7 clean install guide. Windows 7 64-bit clean install guide in FZ-190E

Direct link to the driver below.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/VAIO/ORI...02.505.201.ZIP
Thanks!


This looked so promising! but no bones. i just dont understand. it installed and in the mouse menus, it has all the settings and stuff and it actually says alps touchpad now too. i cant for the life of me find a setting to turn it on or off!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2009   #6
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

See attachment for the one I use.


Attached Files
File Type: zip EP0000155342.zip (3.09 MB, 353 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2009   #7
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jiminyv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
From what I could read about this driver the one you need is in the post below.

Which is included in this Vaio Windows 7 clean install guide. Windows 7 64-bit clean install guide in FZ-190E

Direct link to the driver below.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/VAIO/ORI...02.505.201.ZIP
Thanks!


This looked so promising! but no bones. i just dont understand. it installed and in the mouse menus, it has all the settings and stuff and it actually says alps touchpad now too. i cant for the life of me find a setting to turn it on or off!

Did you do this.

Run the "setup.exe" inside the driver package and reboot as required.

That should be the one, I can't believe it's not working.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2009   #8
Jiminyv

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jiminyv View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
From what I could read about this driver the one you need is in the post below.

Which is included in this Vaio Windows 7 clean install guide. Windows 7 64-bit clean install guide in FZ-190E

Direct link to the driver below.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/VAIO/ORI...02.505.201.ZIP
Thanks!


This looked so promising! but no bones. i just dont understand. it installed and in the mouse menus, it has all the settings and stuff and it actually says alps touchpad now too. i cant for the life of me find a setting to turn it on or off!

Did you do this.

Run the "setup.exe" inside the driver package and reboot as required.

That should be the one, I can't believe it's not working.
yes, i did do that. it went through all the setup menus and then restarted.

about to try the one in the above post, i will report back.

right now i am seriously considering reinstalling vista home premium back on the machine...


*update*

the above option did not work either. looks like im going back to vista home, i would imagine that would tell me if i had a bad touchpad...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Touchpad not working on vaio VGN-NR310E




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Touchpad not working on Sony Vaio
I believe that I turned it off by mistake... Could anybody give me any ideas about how to turn it on again? I don't realy think that this is a driver problem,the laptop is brand new.
Hardware & Devices
Touchpad not working after Internet Explorer 9 install Sony Vaio
Hi all, I recently got hold of a used Sony Vaio VGN-N29VN laptop, everything was working fine until I updated IE from 8-9 and now the touchpad doesn't work!! It works briefly before Windows 7 has fully loaded up on the loading screen but as soon as the desktop appears it stops. Please help.
Hardware & Devices
Sony Vaio Touchpad
Hi, I installed Windows 7 (64-Bit) on my Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-FW11E) yesterday coming from Vista (32-Bit). Everything is running ok but i have one problem. On Vista i used to scroll up and down using my touchpad however on Windows 7, that function seems to have disabled. On Vista there also was...
Drivers
Vaio Touchpad not working along with right key below it
my laptop's right key below the touchpad at times needs to be clicked more than once to respond..but recently d right key stopped working with d touchpad when used together..like fr selelction of text nd stuff.. what is the solution to this??
General Discussion
Synaptics Touchpad Missing for VAIO
Fixed! See Below Post Laptop: Sony VGN-SR190E OS: Windows 7 (64 Bit) (upgrade from Vista) Problem: Synaptics Pointing Device (driver) - Gone My touchpad is way too sensitive and driving me crazy. In Vista, there was a Synaptics Pointing Device utility that would enable adjustments to the...
Hardware & Devices
Sony Vaio VGN-FZ140 Alps touchpad not working on Win 7
Today I upgraded my Vaio VGN-FZ140 laptop from Vista Home Premium 32-Bit to Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit and everything is working great (motioneye camera, physical media controls buttons like vol up/down, etc.) except the Alps touchpad does not work at all. It is not listed in the Device Manager...
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:52.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App