Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Bluetooth not working on Gateway NV44 Windows 7 HELP!

10 Dec 2009   #11

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reghakr View Post
Don'y know whether this will help, but it;s worth a try

Download BluetoothView v1.35

BluetoothView is a small utility that runs in the background, and monitor the activity of Bluetooth devices around you.

For each detected Bluetooth device, it displays the following information: Device Name, Bluetooth Address, Major Device Type, Minor Device Type, First Detection Time, Last Detection Time, and more.


BluetoothView can also notify you when a new Bluetooth device is detected, by displaying a balloon in your taskbar or by playing a small beep sound.
Thanks for the suggestion, but windows is not even recognizing bluetooth on the laptop, can't even get to the detecting phase
check on the device manager to see whether there is blutooth driver installed...
goto start and then type device manger
seems like there isnt any installed
so you downloaded and installed this correct?
Foxconn_Bluetooth__Va_6.2.0.8800.zip - Foxconn Bluetooth Driver v6.2.0.8800
I actually saw that driver, but it says for windows vista (32 or 64 bit)
their other drivers actually indicate windows 7 so I am a little weary, should i go ahead and try to install that?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Dec 2009   #12

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post

Thanks for the suggestion, but windows is not even recognizing bluetooth on the laptop, can't even get to the detecting phase
check on the device manager to see whether there is blutooth driver installed...
goto start and then type device manger
seems like there isnt any installed
so you downloaded and installed this correct?
Foxconn_Bluetooth__Va_6.2.0.8800.zip - Foxconn Bluetooth Driver v6.2.0.8800
I actually saw that driver, but it says for windows vista (32 or 64 bit)
their other drivers actually indicate windows 7 so I am a little weary, should i go ahead and try to install that?
those vista drivers should still work (vista and 7 driver models are compatible)..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #13

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post

check on the device manager to see whether there is blutooth driver installed...
goto start and then type device manger
seems like there isnt any installed
so you downloaded and installed this correct?
Foxconn_Bluetooth__Va_6.2.0.8800.zip - Foxconn Bluetooth Driver v6.2.0.8800
I actually saw that driver, but it says for windows vista (32 or 64 bit)
their other drivers actually indicate windows 7 so I am a little weary, should i go ahead and try to install that?
those vista drivers should still work (vista and 7 driver models are compatible)..
Just installed driver, doesnt work still. BlueSoleil says Bluetooth Hardware not found still
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Dec 2009   #14

Windows 7
 
 

where am i supposed to see this device on device manager if its installed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #15

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

it should be under bluetooth devices (having the Bluetooth sign) or under unknow devices...
we need to check if windows even recognizes the device at all...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #16

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
it should be under bluetooth devices (having the Bluetooth sign) or under unknow devices...
we need to check if windows even recognizes the device at all...
yeah... not even there
doesn't recognize
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #17

 

Have you tried turning on Bluetooth under services?



It's set to manual startup by default, whereas you would almost
certainly want it set as automatic and to run permanently...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #18

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
Have you tried turning on Bluetooth under services?



It's set to manual startup by default, whereas you would almost
certainly want it set as automatic and to run permanently...
have it under services and automatic

so.........................
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #19

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
Have you tried turning on Bluetooth under services?



It's set to manual startup by default, whereas you would almost
certainly want it set as automatic and to run permanently...
have it under services and automatic

so.........................
can you use the snipping tool to take a shot of the Device Manager?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #20

Windows 7
 
 

heres a screenshot of my device manager which as 2 pages included


Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth not working on Gateway NV44 Windows 7 HELP!-help1.png   Bluetooth not working on Gateway NV44 Windows 7 HELP!-help2.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Bluetooth not working on Gateway NV44 Windows 7 HELP!





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33