Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Bluetooth not working on Gateway NV44 Windows 7 HELP!

09 Dec 2009   #1
aylmer

Windows 7
 
 
Bluetooth not working on Gateway NV44 Windows 7 HELP!

Hi I have a Gateway NV 44 laptop and I am trying to tether through my iphone using bluetooth, but the bluetooth button on the laptop doesnt even light up. I think windows 7 doesnt recognize bluetooth. I have tried installing windows mobile device and no avail, i tried running broadcoms setup and still not detecting. When I try to search for hardware devices it just keeps looking infinitely.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Dec 2009   #2
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post
Hi I have a Gateway NV 44 laptop and I am trying to tether through my iphone using bluetooth, but the bluetooth button on the laptop doesnt even light up. I think windows 7 doesnt recognize bluetooth. I have tried installing windows mobile device and no avail, i tried running broadcoms setup and still not detecting. When I try to search for hardware devices it just keeps looking infinitely.
are you sure you put these devices in discoverable mode?
(this is really important...)
also did you update any bluetooth drivers to allow for any extra profiles that you might need...


also check if the iphone sees the computer (to make sure the computer is discoverable)
as a last resort you can try bluesoleil BlueSoleil, the most easy-to-use, innovative and interoperable Bluetooth software, Bluetooth driver and see if that fixes your situation...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #3
aylmer

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post
Hi I have a Gateway NV 44 laptop and I am trying to tether through my iphone using bluetooth, but the bluetooth button on the laptop doesnt even light up. I think windows 7 doesnt recognize bluetooth. I have tried installing windows mobile device and no avail, i tried running broadcoms setup and still not detecting. When I try to search for hardware devices it just keeps looking infinitely.
are you sure you put these devices in discoverable mode?
(this is really important...)
also did you update any bluetooth drivers to allow for any extra profiles that you might need...


also check if the iphone sees the computer (to make sure the computer is discoverable)
as a last resort you can try bluesoleil BlueSoleil, the most easy-to-use, innovative and interoperable Bluetooth software, Bluetooth driver and see if that fixes your situation...
Thanks for your response, i checked for driver updates for the NV44 for windows 7 bluetooth and there isnt any. There is a bluetooth icon under the monitor with the other icons but is not lit up. I just downloaded BlueSoleil but I don't believe thats the problem, think its windows 7, drivers missing or laptop
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Dec 2009   #4
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post
Hi I have a Gateway NV 44 laptop and I am trying to tether through my iphone using bluetooth, but the bluetooth button on the laptop doesnt even light up. I think windows 7 doesnt recognize bluetooth. I have tried installing windows mobile device and no avail, i tried running broadcoms setup and still not detecting. When I try to search for hardware devices it just keeps looking infinitely.
are you sure you put these devices in discoverable mode?
(this is really important...)
also did you update any bluetooth drivers to allow for any extra profiles that you might need...


also check if the iphone sees the computer (to make sure the computer is discoverable)
as a last resort you can try bluesoleil BlueSoleil, the most easy-to-use, innovative and interoperable Bluetooth software, Bluetooth driver and see if that fixes your situation...
Thanks for your response, i checked for driver updates for the NV44 for windows 7 bluetooth and there isnt any. There is a bluetooth icon under the monitor with the other icons but is not lit up. I just downloaded BlueSoleil but I don't believe thats the problem, think its windows 7, drivers missing or laptop
so that means that computer can see the phone?
and does that mean that phone can see the computer?
or neither see each other?
also since you installed BS (blueSolei) what color is the icon?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #5
aylmer

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post

are you sure you put these devices in discoverable mode?
(this is really important...)
also did you update any bluetooth drivers to allow for any extra profiles that you might need...


also check if the iphone sees the computer (to make sure the computer is discoverable)
as a last resort you can try bluesoleil BlueSoleil, the most easy-to-use, innovative and interoperable Bluetooth software, Bluetooth driver and see if that fixes your situation...
Thanks for your response, i checked for driver updates for the NV44 for windows 7 bluetooth and there isnt any. There is a bluetooth icon under the monitor with the other icons but is not lit up. I just downloaded BlueSoleil but I don't believe thats the problem, think its windows 7, drivers missing or laptop
so that means that computer can see the phone?
and does that mean that phone can see the computer?
or neither see each other?
also since you installed BS (blueSolei) what color is the icon?
Neither of each
I just installed bluesolei and cannot find the device
it says: Bluetooth hardware not found
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #6
aylmer

Windows 7
 
 

The installed gives me a little bluetooth icon on the task menu but it just cant be found
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #7
reghakr

Windows 7 Pro & Vista Home Premium
 
 

Don'y know whether this will help, but it;s worth a try

Download BluetoothView v1.35

BluetoothView is a small utility that runs in the background, and monitor the activity of Bluetooth devices around you.

For each detected Bluetooth device, it displays the following information: Device Name, Bluetooth Address, Major Device Type, Minor Device Type, First Detection Time, Last Detection Time, and more.


BluetoothView can also notify you when a new Bluetooth device is detected, by displaying a balloon in your taskbar or by playing a small beep sound.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #8
aylmer

Windows 7
 
 

theres a bluetooth icon on the F6 key, when i hold fn+f6 nothing happens
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #9
aylmer

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reghakr View Post
Don'y know whether this will help, but it;s worth a try

Download BluetoothView v1.35

BluetoothView is a small utility that runs in the background, and monitor the activity of Bluetooth devices around you.

For each detected Bluetooth device, it displays the following information: Device Name, Bluetooth Address, Major Device Type, Minor Device Type, First Detection Time, Last Detection Time, and more.


BluetoothView can also notify you when a new Bluetooth device is detected, by displaying a balloon in your taskbar or by playing a small beep sound.
Thanks for the suggestion, but windows is not even recognizing bluetooth on the laptop, can't even get to the detecting phase
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2009   #10
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aylmer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reghakr View Post
Don'y know whether this will help, but it;s worth a try

Download BluetoothView v1.35

BluetoothView is a small utility that runs in the background, and monitor the activity of Bluetooth devices around you.

For each detected Bluetooth device, it displays the following information: Device Name, Bluetooth Address, Major Device Type, Minor Device Type, First Detection Time, Last Detection Time, and more.


BluetoothView can also notify you when a new Bluetooth device is detected, by displaying a balloon in your taskbar or by playing a small beep sound.
Thanks for the suggestion, but windows is not even recognizing bluetooth on the laptop, can't even get to the detecting phase
check on the device manager to see whether there is blutooth driver installed...
goto start and then type device manger
seems like there isnt any installed
so you downloaded and installed this correct?
Foxconn_Bluetooth__Va_6.2.0.8800.zip - Foxconn Bluetooth Driver v6.2.0.8800
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Bluetooth not working on Gateway NV44 Windows 7 HELP!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
trouble adding bluetooth to Gateway desktop
bought bluetooth usb micro adapter, (Nexxtech), successfully downloaded installation cd, computer recognizes usb dongle but there is no bluetooth icon and I cannot add any devices. I am trying to use my computer to link music to my new bose portable speaker. Previously downloaded fsquirk but...
Hardware & Devices
CSR Bluetooth Chip -- Bluetooth settings not working
I bought a bluetooth dongle which for some reason isn't working in Windows 7. It shows up in Devices and Printers as "CSR Bluetooth Chip" and when I right click on it and select bluetooth settings, nothing happens. It shows up under Bluetooth Radios in device manager. As a test I tried using it in...
Hardware & Devices
bluetooth dongle not working on windows 7 64 bit
i have a blue tooth dongle that i bought and plug it in and i keep getting bluetooth peripheral device and it will not work
Hardware & Devices
Built in bluetooth not working (atheros) in windows 7
I have an acer aspire 1 with built in atheros bluetoth ar5bb012 it is not working I have the icon of the suite but it doesnt work PLEASE HELP :cry:
Hardware & Devices
Bluetooth Dongle not working in Windows 7
My bluetooth dongle isn't working in Windows 7, it worked perfectly fine in vista, in which it worked fine. I can't figure out how to get it working with a driver, I never had a install cd or anything vista and xp ran it fine. If someone can direct me to find a driver for this it would help...
Drivers
bluetooth not working in windows 7
hi, i have a samsung mobile phone with bt option. i also have a bt dongle but i cannot transfer music via bt. my pc recognizes the phone but when i transfer a music file, windows shows: transfer was unsuccessful. upon transferring the file from my pc to my phone, windows recognizes my phone....
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App