Quote: Originally Posted by fogya
I've found a solution that, at least, will work on the Pro and Ultimate versions.
First of all you have to install the Windows XP Mode. Download links and instructions here: Download Windows XP Mode
, or follow this great guide: Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup
Once finished, enter in your new "Windows XP Mode" and download / install the Lide20 Windows XP driver and the CanoScan Toolbox. Plug you scanner in, and in the USB menu on top of the XP Mode select "Attach"... if everything's OK, you scanner will work flawlessly inside XP Mode.
It's not exactly a quick process, but it's a free solution :-)
I hope you find it useful. It may also work with other unsupported drivers.
Cheers from Spain.
I faced the same problem. Solution above works perfectly.. (VMWare, VirtualBox or other visualization software will do the same.. as said in the previous comments)
But it's still pretty annoying when you are not able to use the scanner directly in Windows 7.. (Personally I was not able to get the VueScan drivers work properly) But fortunately I found a solution for this problem: Try to get RemoteScan (RemoteScan
). It's like sharing your printer.. (Con: an official license is pretty expensive to buy.)
When you have installed it you can use your Canon Canoslide Lide 20 (also 30 etc.) directly in Windows 7 x64. The only thing you have to is startup the XPMode in background (it functions as the scanner server).
How to install:
- First follow fogya's post
- Download (buy) or try to get RemoteScan
- Install the RemoteScan Server software on the XPMode VM
- Your XPMode VM must have correct network access with your Windows 7 pc. (That means: same workgroup name, use the correct network adapter settings etc., e.g. you must be able to see the Windows 7 pc in "Network" with "Search for computers in your workgroup".
- Install the RemoteScan Client software on your Windows 7 x64.
Ready. use your scanner directly in every windows 7 software. Of course you can also use another PC at home that already runs XP as the scanner server.