Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Dell 1535 Bios Drivers

05 Feb 2011   #21
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Sam K ,You can't just load the .exe file on to the Cd you have to extract the rom file from the executable ,use something like isobuster or magiciso


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Feb 2011   #22
marsmimar

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Forgot to include this:

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

My one remaining brain cell is rapidly fading.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #23
Sam K

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I tried different compatibility modes and also running it administrator (even though my account has administrator privileges) and I got the same error.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Feb 2011   #24
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Format a usb pendrive to make it bootable
  1. Copy the file 1535_A06.EXE to a bootable usb pendrive
  2. Boot from the usb pendrive to the DOS prompt.
  3. Run the file by typing Y:\1535_A06.EXE (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #25
Sam K

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Sam K ,You can't just load the .exe file on to the Cd you have to extract the rom file from the executable ,use something like isobuster or magiciso
Ah I didn't know that. I have MagicISO but I can't find the option to extract the rom file from the executable. I googled around after I read your post and I also saw that some people mentioned extracting a .wph file from the .exe bios file as well. So after I put the rom (or wph) file on the boot cd, do I simply execute it from command line?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #26
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Sam K ,You can't just load the .exe file on to the Cd you have to extract the rom file from the executable ,use something like isobuster or magiciso
Ah I didn't know know. I have MagicISO but I can't find the option to extract the rom file from the executable. I googled around after I read your post and I also saw that some people mentioned extracting a .wph file from the .exe bios file as well. So after I put the rom (or wph) file on the boot cd, do I simply execute it from command line?
Yes , But I personnally would go the usb pendrive route, extracting a bios file by a third party software then burning it to a cd may cause problems and could end up with a dead laptop
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #27
Sam K

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Yes , But I personnally would go the usb pendrive route, extracting a bios file by a third party software then burning it to a cd may cause problems and could end up with a dead laptop
OK I'm in the process of taking your advice. First I tried making a bootable usb following the instructions on the following link but the bootable usb that gets created immediately starts the Windows 7 install process because it has you copy the entire Windows 7 dvd to the usb drive.

How To make Bootable USB

Now I'm trying these instructions.

Bios-boot-usb-stick - Howto: BIOS-Update per bootable USB-Stick - www.biosflash.com

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for all your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #28
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Yes , But I personnally would go the usb pendrive route, extracting a bios file by a third party software then burning it to a cd may cause problems and could end up with a dead laptop
OK I'm in the process of taking your advice. First I tried making a bootable usb following the instructions on the following link but the bootable usb that gets created immediately starts the Windows 7 install process because it has you copy the entire Windows 7 dvd to the usb drive.

How To make Bootable USB

Now I'm trying these instructions.

Bios-boot-usb-stick - Howto: BIOS-Update per bootable USB-Stick - www.biosflash.com

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for all your help.
good luck Sam
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #29
vilmacrazy

Win Xp
 
 

thanks for bios utiliy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Feb 2011   #30
Sam K

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
good luck Sam
Thanks. It worked!

For those who are interested, I created the bootable USB stick using the instructions on the following link and then copied the 1535_A06.EXE file to the USB stick.

Bios-boot-usb-stick - Howto: BIOS-Update per bootable USB-Stick - www.biosflash.com

After I booted up using the USB stick, I simply ran the 1535_A06.EXE file from the drive.

I would have never guessed that creating a bootable CD was so much more difficult than the a bootable USB.

Thanks pebbly and marsmimar for all your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Dell 1535 Bios Drivers




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Missing Dell Studio 1535 drivers
Hi all Its been about 2 week since I installed Windows 7. I love the new OS but I am still missing some drivers!!! I tried to contact Dell, and this was their answer: "You need to download the Windows 7 drivers" Like I dont know... But there are still no Windows 7 drivers on the Studio...
Drivers
Dell Studio 1535 Drivers!
Hello everyone! Could you please help me with the following: Ive got a Dell Studio 1535 running Windows Vista. I want to upgrade to Windows 7, used the Upgrade Advisor, no problem. The only thing I need before I want to install Win 7 are the drivers. HOWEVER Dell hasnt got any drivers...
Drivers
BIOS: Dell Studio 1535 A06 Installation Hangs
PROBLEM: Dell BIOS 1535_A06.EXE update utility hangs during BIOS flash process. DESCRIPTION: 1. Open Dell BIOS 1535_A06.EXE update utility from saved location on desktop by right-clicking and running as Administrator. 2. Click button on "Dell BIOS Flash" update utility dialogue box asking...
Drivers
Missing drivers Dell Studio 1535
Hello guys! Today, my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate finally arrived! Installation was no problem and most of the drivers are installed. However, I still miss a few. I miss: Name: A base system device Developer: unknown Location: PCI-bus 3, device 1, function 3
Drivers
Dell studio 1535
cant find quickset driovers..... downloaded drivers for vista and xp but it dont work..... so dudes i need your help :) win 7 (7600) x32 dell studio 1535
Drivers
Dell 1535 from 32 bit Vista to 64 bit Win 7
The CNET site, Studio 1535 review shows my Intel T8100 as a 64 bit VISTA OS but is came with VISTA 32. I would like to reformat and load a fresh 64 bit Windows 7. Is this possible, and will 32-bit Vista :sick:drivers work with a 64 bit Windows 7 OS?
Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:02.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App