I believe my usbaudio.sys is corrupted.
I have a number of different devices that I am trying to install, all of which use the generic 'USB Audio Driver
'. I have set up and use these devices on 6 different windows 7 machines. On this machine - a Lenovo X301 - they won't intsall. These are microphones and keyboards and drumpads.
I am using a lenovo x301.
I am trying to connect a series of music devices (keyboards and microsphones) to my laptop to no avail. here are the pertinent facts:
- The devices all work on 6 other Windows 7 machines of a variety of types
- The devices all use the generic
'USB Audio Device' drivers
. There are no specific drivers for these devices. on all the machines they all use usbaudio.sys.
- My USB key seems to work - so the USB ports are basically functional.
- The devices friendly names are all identified, they show up with yellow triangles.
- The .sys and .dlls that are used on the other 6 machines are present on the X301
- When I go into the device manager and try to manually choose the 'USB Audio Device' driver - it is not available. i spent hours looking for it : - )
I am mystified.