|03 Jan 2010||#1|
netgear wg111v2 with 7
Finally found a solution thru Netgear...little lengthy but worked:
(I). LOGIN TO THE ROUTER:
1. On any wired computer (the computer should be connected to the router using an Ethernet cable), please open Internet Browser, like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari
2. Type in the address bar 'www.routerlogin.net', 'www.routerlogin.com' or 'http://192.168.1.1'.
3. When prompted for Username and Password, key in Username as 'admin' and Password as 'password'. Please note that, both Username and Password are case sensitive.
(II). RECONFIGURE THE WIRELESS SETTINGS:
1. Click on ‘Wireless Settings’ under ‘Setup’ on the left hand column of the screen.
2. Under Network Name (SSID), type in any name.
3. Please select your region.
4. Please select the channel as '09' or '03'.
5. Under ‘Mode’, select the option as 'B and G'.
6. Under security options, select WPA-PSK (TKIP).
7. Key in any alphanumeric passphrase that you would like to keep as password for wireless network and click on ‘Apply’ (please note that, the passphrase is case sensitive).
8. Click on Wireless Settings under Advanced on the left hand column of the screen.
9. You find two check boxes on the top, namely, “Enable Wireless router Radio” and “Enable SSID Broadcast”. Both of them should be checked and then click on ‘Apply’.
10. Click on ‘Setup Access List’. The check box that says ‘Turn Access Control On’ should be unchecked and then click on ‘Apply’.
(III). CONNECT THE WIRELESS COMPUTERS (WINDOWS 7):
1. Open 'Connect to a Network' by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area near the system time .
2. In the list of available wireless networks, click a network, and then click Connect.
3. Key in your ‘passphrase’ in the pop-up box, reconfirm it and click on ‘Connect’.
4. This should setup the wireless network.
Note:- If you have a wireless laptop and if you are unable to detect any of the wireless networks in the vicinity, please double-check that the wireless switch on the laptop is turned on. Wireless switch on the laptop may be a physical switch by the sides or may be a combination of keys from the keyboard. Please look for laptop manual or contact manufacturer of the laptop in case of any confusion regarding this.
Please refer to the link given below if you face similar issue in future:
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: netgear wg111v2 with 7|
|NETGEAR WG111v2 problem||Network & Sharing|
|Easy Solution Netgear WG111v2 Driver Problem Window 7||Drivers|
|Netgear WG111v2 beta driver||Drivers|
|Netgear WG111v2 now Working !||Drivers|
|Netgear WG111v2 beta driver needed||Drivers|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 PM.