Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Unknown Devices

22 Jan 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Unknown Devices

Any way to figure out what these are?



My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2010   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Can you post your specs.

What hardware is not working?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2010   #3
aem

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
 
 

Right-click on one of those devices, in Propoerties, in Details tab, and then from drop down select Hardware ID. Pls screenshot this. We will then try and track down what the unknow device could be and if there is a driver available.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Jan 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
 
 

my initial thought is integrated devices in a laptop, one is most likely a chipset, probably a web cam and microphone and a multi card reader but as mentioned above we won't know for sure what any of those are until we have system specs and a screenshot with all of the device trees open would also be helpful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aem View Post
Right-click on one of those devices, in Propoerties, in Details tab, and then from drop down select Hardware ID. Pls screenshot this. We will then try and track down what the unknow device could be and if there is a driver available.
There is no Hardware ID option. There's container ID....?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #6
aem

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
 
 

What is the make and mode of your machine. Also do you remember if you have been using any USB devices, that you may have unplugged?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #7

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Under the drop down menu the very first selection is hardware id are you saying it is missing when you follow the above directions? Right click on device>properties>details tab>drop down menu>hardware id>Copy and Paste ID string.(aem not rying ot step on your toes) Plus without any system specs your not going to be able to get help your looking for. At the top of the page it says User CP click on it. Then scroll down on the left to edit system specs, please input everything you know about your system. Otherwise how are we to know where to start looking for information on those devices? Thanks. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Under the drop down menu the very first selection is hardware id are you saying it is missing when you follow the above directions? Right click on device>properties>details tab>drop down menu>hardware id>Copy and Paste ID string.(aem not rying ot step on your toes) Plus without any system specs your not going to be able to get help your looking for. At the top of the page it says User CP click on it. Then scroll down on the left to edit system specs, please input everything you know about your system. Otherwise how are we to know where to start looking for information on those devices? Thanks. Fabe
Yes, there is no Hardware ID option.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #9
aem

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
 
 

It may be a USB device that is now no longer part of the machine. Have you connected any USB devices to your machine?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jan 2010   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Can you post your specs.

What hardware is not working?
1) remove all hardware device NOT NEED TO start PC.

2) Check Device Manager.(post back with screenshot, if unknown devices showing,also post your hardware specs)

3) Add hardware device one at a time,check Device Manager each time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Unknown Devices





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Unknown Devices
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 7 All USB devices now show up as unknown Hardware & Devices
Solved unknown devices Hardware & Devices
Can't install drivers for my (unknown) devices?? Drivers
How do I make an unknown devices known Hardware & Devices
More than 100 unknown devices in network adapters Hardware & Devices
Need Drivers for 2 Unknown Devices Drivers
What are this unknown devices Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33