Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Stuttering with usb audio devices

25 Jan 2010   #1
Riggaberto

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
Stuttering with usb audio devices

I own a Headroom Total Bithead USB headphone amp, and it's not working properly on Windows 7 Home Premium, (both 32 and 64 bit versions). I called headroom and they reported that there were similar problems using the amp when Windows Vista came out, but Microsoft subsequently updated USB drivers and the issue was fixed. All indications are that the problem has not been fixed for Windows 7 yet, both from my experience and according to Headroom.

What happens is that every few seconds to a minute the audio will stutter during audio playback of any kind.

I can pinpoint this problem to the Windows 7 operating system because 1. I'm listening to the exact same device on my Macbook right now with perfect playback, but it does not work when I try it on my newly built PC and 2. I used to have Windows 7 installed on my iMac, and the problem would occur in Windows 7 with the device, but not when I was running OSX.

It's a pain not being able to listen to music on my desktop, so I'm hoping someone can either offer a solution, or Microsoft can provide some feedback on the issue. Windows 7 is an otherwise great operating system, which is why I decided to build a pc for it, and not get another mac when my iMac died just out of warranty...!!

Thanks all.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Feb 2010   #2
Keiyentai

Windows 7 Home Pre x64
 
 

I am having a similar issue. I have a Plantronics 777 Dolby Digital 5.1 headset that uses generic windows USB Audio for the SRS modular. THe other day I decided to download the MMO Runes of Magic to see if they had changed it since I last played and after the client patched it self...about 14 times and 4 hours later my USB audio suddenly started to go heywire. If I reboot its good...for about 5 minutes then goes from little scattered to just outright horrid. I have googled, reinstalled, uninstalled, etc etc and no avail. My question is could it had been the game client? Or just timing. Thing that sucks is I love these headphones/set but if I want the 5.1 to work I need to use the USB adapter. so anyone know if its just windows being stupid or what.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2010   #3
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Welcome to windows Seven forums: You might try this way to report to MS Microsoft Connect - Product Feedback and Bug Reporting | Microsoft Connect Or google How to report bug in windows Seven. good luck with your issue. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Feb 2010   #4
Keiyentai

Windows 7 Home Pre x64
 
 

Well I have googled and I am apparently not the ontly person having issues with Win7 and USB Audio wheter its 32/64bit versions. As for the MS Bridge thing its not letting me connect even though I am registered >_> so I will try later since I have to leave soon. Odd thing is my Onboard sound words just find..its just the USB Audo Driver that decides at random to go nuts.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #5
Riggaberto

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Welcome to windows Seven forums: You might try this way to report to MS Microsoft Connect - Product Feedback and Bug Reporting | Microsoft Connect Or google How to report bug in windows Seven. good luck with your issue. Fabe
Thank you, will do.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Keiyentai View Post
Odd thing is my Onboard sound words just find..its just the USB Audo Driver that decides at random to go nuts.
Exactly, except my onboard sound sucks, that's why I bought a USB amp
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #6
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Riggaberto View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Welcome to windows Seven forums: You might try this way to report to MS Microsoft Connect - Product Feedback and Bug Reporting | Microsoft Connect Or google How to report bug in windows Seven. good luck with your issue. Fabe
Thank you, will do.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Keiyentai View Post
Odd thing is my Onboard sound words just find..its just the USB Audo Driver that decides at random to go nuts.
Exactly, except my onboard sound sucks, that's why I bought a USB amp
Have you tried asking the folks at Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio ? I would think someone there would have an answer to your issue. Good luck!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Feb 2010   #7
Riggaberto

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noob View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Riggaberto View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Welcome to windows Seven forums: You might try this way to report to MS Microsoft Connect - Product Feedback and Bug Reporting | Microsoft Connect Or google How to report bug in windows Seven. good luck with your issue. Fabe
Thank you, will do.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Keiyentai View Post
Odd thing is my Onboard sound words just find..its just the USB Audo Driver that decides at random to go nuts.
Exactly, except my onboard sound sucks, that's why I bought a USB amp
Have you tried asking the folks at Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio ? I would think someone there would have an answer to your issue. Good luck!
Yeah, I'm a regular member at head-fi, and I made a post. I also called the manufacturer; the answer was the same from both, that lots of people have the same issue with the Windows 7 drivers for USB.

The fellow from headroom.com said that the same issue existed with Windows Vista, but then Microsoft eventually updated drivers and the problem was resolved, so, that's what I'm trying to do now, get in touch with Microsoft about getting it resolved.

The things I go through using technology...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Stuttering with usb audio devices




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Audio USB Devices showing under Other Devices in Device Manager
Hi! I have two USB audio devices that I cannot seem to properly install drivers for. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & KORG MicroKONTROL I am in communication with both product tech support teams but so far they have not offered a successful solution. As the same issue is occurring with multiple...
Hardware & Devices
Some USB devices causing stuttering
Recently I have been having an issue with stuttering on my computer running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium whenever I use either my Logitech F310 gamepad or any of the extra buttons on my Madcatz S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 keyboard (the regular keys and touchscreen works fine). The stuttering only begins to...
Performance & Maintenance
Audio and video stuttering please help
the audio and video on my laptop started stuttering about 5days ago and i tried to fix it myself, through microsoft fix it and i also did WinZip for my registry and my drivers and there all up to date, i used malwarebytes and microsoft essentials and did a clean sweep of my computer and found...
Sound & Audio
My audio is stuttering.
Okay. When I am playing videos on youtube the sound stutters. It happens too when I am playing music in iTunes and also in VLC. How would I resolve this?
Sound & Audio
Sound Stuttering on Audio CDs
Two drives, E: & F:. F works fine. E: stutters continuously when playing an audio CD. There is no problem with data, .MP3 etc, graphics/photos, only with audio CDs. Device Manager tells me the drivers are up-to-date. Rebooting doesn't help. Drive is a TSST CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA. Sound is...
Sound & Audio
Audio Stuttering
I'm using the headset Steelseries HV2, just today the audio started stuttering, and it's getting really annoying. I've followed the sticky thread, toupdate my drivers.. no luck. Any help would be great appreciated, thanks!
Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App