Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Canoscan LiDE 35 Windows 7 64bit driver


11 Sep 2010   #11

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I use these drivers with my Windows 7 x64 and have never had a problem

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : CanoScan LiDE 35

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Jan 2011   #12

w7 ultimate x64
 
 
It works!!

Thank u so much Scoutfu! I just upgrade from xp and tried everything! this trusty scanner was last holdout in upgrade. I sign up just to give u a big thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2011   #13

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

For me and my Windows 7 Ultimate x64, it only half way works. True: if you follow the above instrustions of the orignal poster you will be able to install a driver for a Canoscan Lide60. But will it work with an Lide35? No. Not only will the Canon scanning software be expecting to use an Lide60 and therefore won't work, it also cannot be used in other programs that scan. Photoshop for example. I wish this was a solution. But it appears the only thing for me to do is to buy a 64bit campatible scanner
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Jan 2011   #14

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by echrada View Post
I use these drivers with my Windows 7 x64 and have never had a problem

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : CanoScan LiDE 35

I would then want to say ...Are you sure you are using Windows 7 in 64bit mode? I say that because I tried and tried but nada
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2011   #15

Windows 7 Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pjanak View Post
For me and my Windows 7 Ultimate x64, it only half way works. True: if you follow the above instrustions of the orignal poster you will be able to install a driver for a Canoscan Lide60. But will it work with an Lide35? No. Not only will the Canon scanning software be expecting to use an Lide60 and therefore won't work, it also cannot be used in other programs that scan. Photoshop for example. I wish this was a solution. But it appears the only thing for me to do is to buy a 64bit campatible scanner
Why would i title the post 'Canoscan LiDE 35 Windows 7 64bit driver' if it was for the Canoscan LiDE 60

I have a LiDE 35 working with the LiDE 60 driver, using Windows 7 '64bit'

What you're saying is that you can't get it working with Photoshop .... erm so maybe your problem is.... 'Photoshop' ?

If you use the toolbox software, you can set it up to output the file to Photoshop, i used to do this myself!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2011   #16

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Dear Scoutfu, I too, have just registered, so I can say thankyou soooo much, for going to the trouble of reposting your solution, I'm a silver surfer and just teaching myself. Yeah, I messed up a few times (thru lack of knowledge) but thanks to you, finally did it! and am so pleased, Thankyou and yes tool box and everything works xx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2011   #17

win 7 ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by scoutfu View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pjanak View Post
For me and my Windows 7 Ultimate x64, it only half way works. True: if you follow the above instrustions of the orignal poster you will be able to install a driver for a Canoscan Lide60. But will it work with an Lide35? No. Not only will the Canon scanning software be expecting to use an Lide60 and therefore won't work, it also cannot be used in other programs that scan. Photoshop for example. I wish this was a solution. But it appears the only thing for me to do is to buy a 64bit campatible scanner
Why would i title the post 'Canoscan LiDE 35 Windows 7 64bit driver' if it was for the Canoscan LiDE 60

I have a LiDE 35 working with the LiDE 60 driver, using Windows 7 '64bit'

What you're saying is that you can't get it working with Photoshop .... erm so maybe your problem is.... 'Photoshop' ?

If you use the toolbox software, you can set it up to output the file to Photoshop, i used to do this myself!
just my 2c worth - mine is still going strong here 6 months after my original post of thanks

it does work with a lide 35; you may not be able to get it to do so, but i reiterate, it DOES work... so perhaps you need to re-visit your install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2011   #18
Michelle Gene

 

I have just joined this forum. I cant thank you enough for this thread on the Lide 35. Got my scanner working and very grateful for the clear directions given.
Now I would dearly love to get my HP scanner 3500c working which HP say there are no drivers for Windows 7-64. Can you prove them wrong?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2011   #19

Windows 7 Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Michelle Gene View Post
Now I would dearly love to get my HP scanner 3500c working which HP say there are no drivers for Windows 7-64. Can you prove them wrong?
Without owning one it would be rather tricky to know whether this would work. You could try this Vista x64 driver with a similar method as in my first post.

Good Luck, any problems you know where i am
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2011   #20

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
after many hours of researching and troubleshooting, no success

Hi,
I have probably spent 10 hours or more to troubleshoot this, but the scanner just wouldn't cooperate...

Here is my environment:
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Canoscan Lide30
Lide60 x64 driver
Toolbox 4.9.3.2

What I have tried:
installed x64 Lide60 driver - successful
added c:\windows\Twain_32\CNQL60 in PATH envronmental variable
countless installing and uninstalling of the driver and Toolbox
different USB ports
Other scanner management software (some freeware and Windows Fax & Scanner)

Error messages from Toolbox:
The action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.
Cannot communicate with scanner.
Unable to open TWAIN source.

Please, please, help. I don't know what else to do.

There was a guy that said, switched the scanner to "unlocked" worked, but I don't know what he meant. I tried the switch on the back of the scanner, but no good.

From Windows Fax and Scanner, I get "no scanners were detected" though it is recognized correctly in Device Manager. It says, "This device is working properly."

From Scanners and Cameras, the scanner is recognized, but the status is 'unavailable' in its property.

For some reason, it did not work on my virtual W2K on vmware player, so I need to get it working on Windows7.

Thank you so much in advance
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Canoscan LiDE 35 Windows 7 64bit driver




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33