Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: installing drivers please help

10 Feb 2010   #1
sinbin

windows 7 64 bit premium
 
 
installing drivers please help

hi i am trying to install new nvidia drivers on my pc,,
Having remove the old drivers i estart my pc and when it loads back up i have wddm 1.1 drivers as my display drivers on my gts 250.
Why are these here and how can i remove to install the later nvdia ones i download,
Or can i install my downloaded driver over the top of the wddm 1.1 drivers the pc put on at restart?
Please help as confused.com by this,,
I used to just unistall them ,ccleaner the reg files and the have standard vga ,before i put the new drivers on,
But now i get wddm 1,.1 drivers at restart /
ANy help thanks,
sinbin


My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #2
sinbin

windows 7 64 bit premium
 
 

oh i have windows 7 64 bit premium
q66oo 3.4 ghz
4 gb ram
gts 250 1gb bfg o/clocked out the box
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #3
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Follow the drivers guide in my sig.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #4
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hi.
If you go to "Devices and Printers", and right click your PC icon, then click on "Device installation settings", it will give you the option to stop Windows automatically installing drivers, which you can then revert back once you've managed to update the graphics drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2010   #5
jfar

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

Hi as FZ21Z said,

Stop Auto install of Drivers.

Open the Control Panel, type "a" into the Search, top right.
Click on Devices and Printers.
Right click on the icon for PC
Click on Device Installation Settings.
Click on, No let me choose what to do.
Click on Never install driver software from Windows Update.
Go to the Device Manager, find your Device, right click on it and select Uninstall, and click the box that says
Delete this Driver, Select OK, close all windows and Shut Down, Then start your machine up again.
Install the Driver that you have.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #6
sinbin

windows 7 64 bit premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FZ21Z View Post
Hi.
If you go to "Devices and Printers", and right click your PC icon, then click on "Device installation settings", it will give you the option to stop Windows automatically installing drivers, which you can then revert back once you've managed to update the graphics drivers.
thanks i will try this !!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #7
bames24

windows 7 on laptop windows xp on pc
 
 
Bluetooth peripheral device driver

Hi. I have just bought a Dell Studio 1458 notebook laptop (OS is Windows 7) a few days back. Since I use my mobile's gprs to surf the internet, I tried installing the PC Suite of my Sony Ericsson P1i. However, the laptop works just fine if my phone is on (via USB) data mode but for some reason, the laptop can't detect my phone in phone mode.

I have uninstalled the PC Suite and reinstalled it too many times to count. I have tried installing Symbian drivers, to no avail. I have even switched handsets to a MOtorola E6 and the problems remain the same. Data mode works via USB but phone mode is not detected. I tried the Motorola's bluetooth, still it says "not connected".

I tried using the bluetooth route, but though the laptop is able to show that the bluetooth is connected and the phone responds if I tell the laptop to connect to the net, the laptop's network connections say "Not Connected" and IE reports an error which it can't troubleshoot.

I tried going via "Control Panel" to check the connections. It shows the P1i but with a yellow exclamation point ans a small note says "needs troubleshooting". When I run the troubleshooter, it says Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver not installed.

I have been surfing the net via my PC (OS Windows XP and my P1i's gprs works just fine on that machine) for the said Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver, but I can't find it anywhere.

Please help me. I am not a techie and is unable to solve this problem myself. I am beginning to regret wasting my money buying the laptop now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #8
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bames24 View Post
Please help me. I am not a techie and is unable to solve this problem myself.
You'd get more help starting a new thread, instead of hijacking others with a totally different issue. Is your phones firmware up to date?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #9
sinbin

windows 7 64 bit premium
 
 

i will try to stop auto driver install..but i disconnect from the net when i put my new drivers on,does this matter or does windows itself put wddm 1.1 on there at restart?thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2010   #10
sinbin

windows 7 64 bit premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bames24 View Post
Hi. I have just bought a Dell Studio 1458 notebook laptop (OS is Windows 7) a few days back. Since I use my mobile's gprs to surf the internet, I tried installing the PC Suite of my Sony Ericsson P1i. However, the laptop works just fine if my phone is on (via USB) data mode but for some reason, the laptop can't detect my phone in phone mode.

I have uninstalled the PC Suite and reinstalled it too many times to count. I have tried installing Symbian drivers, to no avail. I have even switched handsets to a MOtorola E6 and the problems remain the same. Data mode works via USB but phone mode is not detected. I tried the Motorola's bluetooth, still it says "not connected".

I tried using the bluetooth route, but though the laptop is able to show that the bluetooth is connected and the phone responds if I tell the laptop to connect to the net, the laptop's network connections say "Not Connected" and IE reports an error which it can't troubleshoot.

I tried going via "Control Panel" to check the connections. It shows the P1i but with a yellow exclamation point ans a small note says "needs troubleshooting". When I run the troubleshooter, it says Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver not installed.

I have been surfing the net via my PC (OS Windows XP and my P1i's gprs works just fine on that machine) for the said Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver, but I can't find it anywhere.

Please help me. I am not a techie and is unable to solve this problem myself. I am beginning to regret wasting my money buying the laptop now.
hi i just got a bluetooth dongle ,i just plugged it in and windows 7 just done the drivers and it works with my nokia no problem,,im not sure what your peoblem is .hope you find out
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 installing drivers please help




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
I need help with drivers after installing
I have recently just re installed my windows 7 using an ISO on a usb and now I have no drivers because my disk is broken and I cannot use the internet on my laptop and it has been like this for a few days and is getting quite annoying now. All help will be appreciated, Thnaks
Installation & Setup
AMD drivers not installing
I have been having problems with my USB ports. Windows would shut them down and give error 43. I decided it was probably a driver problem, so I installed the chipset drivers from AMD. Sure enough, they were not the current version. However, on the AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller and the AMD SATA...
Drivers
Installing 64-bit W7 & Drivers
i have a gateway computer that i want to load windows 7 pro 64-bit on. i want to do a clean install. will my computer DSL be able to connect on-line so i can download 64-bit drivers? also will my monitor work before i can download drivers for it too? i'm not sure if things will work before...
Drivers
USB and Installing Drivers
Anyone else annoyed by having to install the drivers for your devices for EACH USB port in your computer? If you accidentally plug a device in to another port that you don't use for it, it has to take a good amount of time to install the drivers.
Chillout Room
Installing from ISO need cd/dvd drivers
I am trying to install windows 7 professional 64bit on my new computer. This is a new copy but the disk got scratched. So I downloaded an .iso from digitalriver. When I install its saying that I need a cd/dvd driver. I get this error using both a usb drive and burned dvd. what can I do about...
Drivers
Help With Installing Drivers
Help Please Im trying to install Windows7 64 bit ATK0110 Driver that I found on my MOBO Site. I downloaded the file to desktop and then extracted it to Desktop I open the new folder and found a 32 and 64 folder. I open the 64 folder and found a Win 7 folder and a win 2000 folder a winvista folder...
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App