I've been using W7 since it went public, within the last 18 hours I got about 15 BS'sOD. I think the problem had something to do with the fact that I plugged my laptop into a power strip BEFORE turning the power strip on...idk. But whenever I plug in my laptop it takes about 30 seconds for a BSOD to show. I copied a couple down, here they are:
1. 0x0000008E(0xC0000005, 0x8BFAE3D1, 0x91C8DA94, 0x00000000)
0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x82C5DC91
3. 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8CBB63D1, 0x8BA84A94, 0x00000000)
KI1.sys - Address 8CBB63D1 base at 8Ca0900 Data Stamp 4911af5e
4. STOP: 0x0000008E ( 0xC0000005, 0x8BDB73D1, 0x8BB8FA94, 0x00000000 )
Kl1.sys - Address 8BDB73D1 base at 8BC0A000, Data Stamp 4911af5e
What I've tried:
- Unplugging the power cord. Result: nothing happens but the battery drains so I eventually had to plug back in.
- Removing the battery. Result: I didn't get a BSOD for about 25 minutes.
- Using a different power source with battery. Result: Same as with original power source.
- Using a different power cord. Result: BSOD after 30-45 minutes.
- Plugging in computer when closed. Result: this works but I can't use the computer....
Currently I'm using 1, 4, and 5.
- Dell Inspirion E1705
- 1gb ram
- 40gb HD
Please help! This is really annoying.
FYI: I posted a similar message on the Microsoft forum but all they told me was that it was a driver
problem...I'd like to know is there anything I can do? and what those bug codes mean.