Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Drivers for Sony Vaio VGN-SZ75GN

02 Apr 2010   #1
sjt

Window 7 64 bit
 
 
Drivers for Sony Vaio VGN-SZ75GN

I am using a Sony vaio laptop VGN-SZ75GN. I recently upgraded my windows vista busniess 32-bit to a windows 7 profesional 64-bit using a clean installation.


Processor Technology Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology
Processor Name Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T8100(2.10 GHz)*1*2
Chipset Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset
Graphics Accelerator NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M GS notebook graphics processing unit(GPU) (SPEED MODE) / Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (STAMINA MODE) Dedicated Video Memory 64MB(SPEED MODE)

On top there is some of the specifications of my laptop.
I can't get a proper driver for my Intel Chipset. Therefore I can't use the Intel Graphic Media Accelerator for my stamina mode. But I mange to sort out the NVIDIA graphic card's problem based on one of the post in the forum.
My camera is not working as I can't get a proper driver for it.
All the FN function can't work due to the driver problem.
Please let me know how can I get those drivers. Thanks a lot in advacnce.



Yours sincerely,
sjt


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Apr 2010   #2
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sjt View Post
I am using a Sony vaio laptop VGN-SZ75GN. I recently upgraded my windows vista busniess 32-bit to a windows 7 profesional 64-bit using a clean installation.


Processor Technology Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology
Processor Name Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T8100(2.10 GHz)*1*2
Chipset Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset
Graphics Accelerator NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M GS notebook graphics processing unit(GPU) (SPEED MODE) / Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (STAMINA MODE) Dedicated Video Memory 64MB(SPEED MODE)

On top there is some of the specifications of my laptop.
I can't get a proper driver for my Intel Chipset. Therefore I can't use the Intel Graphic Media Accelerator for my stamina mode. But I mange to sort out the NVIDIA graphic card's problem based on one of the post in the forum.
My camera is not working as I can't get a proper driver for it.
All the FN function can't work due to the driver problem.
Please let me know how can I get those drivers. Thanks a lot in advacnce.



Yours sincerely,
sjt
Welcome to the forums sjt!

You may have a "fun" time with this pickle... Not only is this an older model lappy, but you are trying to install a 64bit OS on it as well! You may never find 64 bit drivers for this thing...

According to the Sony website your lappy is a special Asian/Pacific version. There are drivers available but for XP. I'm sorry to tell you but Sony is terrible for drivers and support...

Plus this website also contains a link to models that can be upgraded to win7, yours isnt listed: What are the supported models for Windows 7 Upgrade - Web support? : Windows 7 Related : Sony Asia Pacific

Here is the Sony DL page I found for your laptop... Original Drivers for VGN-SZ7 Series : Sony Asia Pacific
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #3
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ®™
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
I'm sorry to tell you but Sony is terrible for drivers and support...
Unless you know where to look that is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Apr 2010   #4
sjt

Window 7 64 bit
 
 

Hi Darryl Licht,

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried to download all the original drivers. Its either cannot support Window 7 or cannot support 32 bit OS.
Any idea I can get the all the particular drivers?


Regards,
sjt
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #5
sjt

Window 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FZ21Z View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
I'm sorry to tell you but Sony is terrible for drivers and support...
Unless you know where to look that is.
Hi FZ21Z,

Do u know where can I get those drivers? I have tried for a week to get all the driver. In the end I failed to do so. Kind of frustrated to search for the drivers.
Do tell me if u know where can I get it.
Millions of thank you.


Regards,
sjt
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #6
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FZ21Z View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
I'm sorry to tell you but Sony is terrible for drivers and support...
Unless you know where to look that is.
Well, do tell the OP and I where??? Please?

The difficulty for the OP finding these drivers may be due to the fact that it isnt a US issue lappy, but I found the Sony support pages for his model listed as Asian/Pacific market (links posted earlier), drivers listed there are all XP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #7
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #8
sjt

Window 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
I have tried before for this driver. But once I launch the .exe file, it runs for a while then it pop up a message show said that

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Setup will exit.


Any idea?



Regards,
sjt
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #9
Darryl Licht

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sjt View Post

I have tried before for this driver. But once I launch the .exe file, it runs for a while then it pop up a message show said that

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Setup will exit.


Any idea?



Regards,
sjt
You have tried the Win7 64 bit driver and you get that message???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2010   #10
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ®™
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
Well, do tell the OP and I where??? Please?
See my sig.

And have a look at this thread - Windows 7 Seven on VGN-SZ220
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Drivers for Sony Vaio VGN-SZ75GN




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sony Vaio 32 bit drivers
Hello all, I have a buddy who's hard drive failed him so he bought a new one and ordered windows 7 32 bit OEM when his original system came with a 64 bit OS. Does anyone know where i can get his Ethernet drivers (both Wireless and LAN). Thank you all for your help in advance. Model ...
Drivers
Sony VAIO 32 Bit Drivers?
I Have installed an Sony VAIO 32 Bit (VPCEH3H1E) with Windows 7 Home Premium and know I need a lot of drivers but I can¨t find any good drivers? And the most drivers are 64 Bit drivers but i need 32 bit. Can someone help me or know anything?
Drivers
Please HELP....Sony Vaio VGN-TZ27GN/N drivers
Hi all, I've upgraded my laptop to windows 7 professional, 32bit, But I'm facing some problems: 1- it shows that the " base system device " is missing... i have no idea what does that mean !! 2- the "Fn" is not working properly, I can't change the brightness of the screen or the volume or...
Drivers
Sony Vaio NS drivers?
I have a Sony Vaio NS and I wanted to upgrape to Windows 7 RC Build. I was wondering would I have to install any drivers since I am upgraping and not clean installing? Thanks in advance.
Drivers
[HELP!!!]Drivers Vaio SZ75GN for Windows 7 32bit
I just installed Windows 7 Professional 32bit version to my vaio. the thing is, i can't install the drivers. can anybody help me in finding drivers for it and steps how to cause i kinna don't get how drivers work. thanks bagja
Drivers
Window 7 driver for Sony VGN-SZ75GN
Does anyone can provider the driver link for it? thx a lot Mark
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:47.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App