Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Keyboard non funcioning keys Toshiba Satelite A100-233

02 Apr 2010   #1
15038211

Windows 7
 
 
Keyboard non funcioning keys Toshiba Satelite A100-233

Hi
I have recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my Toshiba Satelite A100-233. Everything is working perfectly except my keyboard. The "page up", "home", "insert", "PrntScn" and most importantly the "delete" buttons doesn't work. The @ and " has also been switched around. There are no windows 7 drivers for my laptop on the toshiba website. Does anybody have a solution? I would really appreciate it!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Apr 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 15038211 View Post
Hi
I have recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my Toshiba Satelite A100-233. Everything is working perfectly except my keyboard. The "page up", "home", "insert", "PrntScn" and most importantly the "delete" buttons doesn't work. The @ and " has also been switched around. There are no windows 7 drivers for my laptop on the toshiba website. Does anybody have a solution? I would really appreciate it!
Use the vista drivers and install them in compatibility mode

Compat mode---right click the installer>properties>compatibility mode>vista
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2010   #3
15038211

Windows 7
 
 

Thanks but so far I haven't been able to find the vista keyboard driver anywhere. I can't locate it on the toshiba driver homepage. Please let me know if there is any suggestions!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Apr 2010   #4
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 15038211 View Post
Thanks but so far I haven't been able to find the vista keyboard driver anywhere. I can't locate it on the toshiba driver homepage. Please let me know if there is any suggestions!
here is a link to the driver page , download the chip set and hotkey drivers
follow zigzag's advice and install in compat mode you may have to use the XP drivers Laptop Support homepage - Toshiba
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2010   #5
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

The @ and " are easy to solve. This occurs if you have the wrong keyboard layout installed. If " is on the 2 key, then you need the UK layout, if not it will be the US layout. See Keyboard Input Language - Vista Forums for details (this is from Vista, but it's the same method for W7).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2010   #6
15038211

Windows 7
 
 

Thanks Dwarf the @ and " issue is resolved
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2010   #7
15038211

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 15038211 View Post
Thanks but so far I haven't been able to find the vista keyboard driver anywhere. I can't locate it on the toshiba driver homepage. Please let me know if there is any suggestions!
here is a link to the driver page , download the chip set and hotkey drivers
follow zigzag's advice and install in compat mode you may have to use the XP drivers Laptop Support homepage - Toshiba
I couldn't find the vista drivers so I used the xp ones with compatibility mode. The xp chipset drivers was easy to install but when I tried to install the xp hotkey driver I recieved the "TOSHIBA Common Module not found! This setup will terminate." error. I also got this error when I used the xp mce version. I used xp service pack 3 compatibility on both. Any suggestions? I also installed the vista buttonsetup. There is no vista or xp keyboard driver that I can find.

None of the above worked. My "del", "PgUp" and "Ins" are still not working.
Please help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2010   #8
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

download the button support on P1, the common module on P2 Laptop Support homepage - Toshiba see if those help , again they are for XP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2010   #9
15038211

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
download the button support on P1, the common module on P2 Laptop Support homepage - Toshiba see if those help , again they are for XP
Thanks Pebbly
Tried everything you suggested. I managed to install both of them. I still can't use the buttons! Should I have done anything after i installed button support? I am SO frustrated! Do you (or anyone else) have any other suggestions please?
Would appreciate it so much!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2010   #10
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 15038211 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
download the button support on P1, the common module on P2 Laptop Support homepage - Toshiba see if those help , again they are for XP
Thanks Pebbly
Tried everything you suggested. I managed to install both of them. I still can't use the buttons! Should I have done anything after i installed button support? I am SO frustrated! Do you (or anyone else) have any other suggestions please?
Would appreciate it so much!
download "controls" from P2 again its for XP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Keyboard non funcioning keys Toshiba Satelite A100-233




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Toshiba Function keys
i have toshiba a350-13a laptop , i installed windows 7 from 2 weeks . the function keys isn't working although i installed the toshiba value added package which is responsible for activating function keys...........:confused: what the solution for this problem ???
Drivers
BSOD random in Toshiba Satelite l650d
Random BSODs in Toshiba satellite l650d running win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Last one today: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 3b BCP1: 00000000C0000005 BCP2:...
BSOD Help and Support
ATI Mobility 200M on a Toshiba Satellite A100
Hi there. My wife's laptop is a Satellite A100. She has been using Windows 7 on it since the Beta, and she has been having a good experience with it. I was able to install the ATI drivers on the Win7 Beta without issue. And I was able to change the resolution from 1024x768 to something more...
Graphic Cards
keyboard keys
is there a way to turn off selected keys on the keyboard so I do not hit them my accident
Gadgets
Keyboard - Shift & Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts
As I wrote in the title, my Shift and Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts. However, the Shift key still works when capitalizing letters. I've been dealing with this problem off/on for the past two weeks and haven't been able to figure it out. I've gone into Ease of Access features...
Hardware & Devices
toshiba satelite a15-s1292 and need a video controller
Hi, I put windows 7 on this older laptop that is an a15-s1292 satelite and everything works great but under the device manager it shows no drivers for the video controller! I went to toshibas website and they do not have this model listes as supported by them for windows 7 Any help you can...
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App